Friday 27 November 2015

Urban Decay OR Makeup Revolution?


As a self proclaimed makeup lover, I think it's fair to say that I own just a few too many palettes. The Naked palettes from Urban Decay have always been a favourite since their very first release, but it was only this year that a drugstore dupe started lashing out products to rival their high end competitors. Of course I'm talking about Makeup Revolution. Whilst they've also offered dupes for products from brands like Too Faced and Lorac, I wanted to focus on my comparison between their shadows and Urban Decay's. With that said, I don't actually own one of the MR Iconic Palettes, the dupes for UD, but I do own a couple others...and surely the formula has to be the same, right?!





As we know, the Iconic 1, 2 and 3 palettes are exact dupes for the Naked 1, 2 and 3; the shades are pretty much as identical as they could possibly be. The only differences between these palettes really are one, the packaging, and two the price. Whilst the Iconic palettes are priced just at £4 a palette, the Naked palettes are priced at a whopping £39 each - although you would be paying a lot more for a palette of that size from many other brands. I think the introduction of the Makeup Revolution and their palettes this year was great because it allows all of us to buy pretty much exact replicas of high end products at a budget price, and for those who can't afford a Naked palette, there's your exact dupe!

I will say this though, they're not exactly the same. Whilst the shades are the same, even the order of them in the palettes, the formulation is very different. Both are pigmented and have pretty good lasting power, but with that £35 price difference, you really do get much better quality with Urban Decay eyeshadows. Any of you who own just one Urban Decay palette I'm sure can pretty much agree with me when I say that they are some of the most pigmented eyeshadows out there, and they're pretty creamy too (although not as creamy as my Too Faced ones in my opinion). They also have incredible staying power. Now when I say this I mean with a primer applied - the Urban Decay Potion Primer is a personal preference of mine! Pretty much every eyeshadow I've worn without primer has creased after a couple of hours, no matter how expensive it is.

With the Makeup Revolution palettes I do find that they will crease much quicker than the Urban Decay shadows. With this said, I've found they can stay put for about 8 hours, which for a day at work or school is probably fine. I have however worn the Urban Decay eyeshadows for over 16 hours before (no idea what I was doing that day), and it did not budge the entire day! Also going back to pigmentation, the Makeup Revolution ones still have pretty good pigmentation; a couple of swipes and you're good to go, whereas I find the Naked shadows are super pigmented after just one swipe - although Dust is my least favourite out of all the shadows (too glittery).

Whilst I do love the shadows from Makeup Revolution, there's just something about owning a Naked palette that is super special. The packaging is so much more fancier and the overall product is a little nicer. I will continue to buy Makeup Revolution palettes because you honestly can't knock them for the price, but Urban Decay will always be my favourite.

It's just about determining whether than £35 price difference is really worth it for you!

What do you think of these eyeshadows?
Can you tell the difference between Urban Decay and Makeup Revolution shadows?


Lots of Love
Share:

2 comments

  1. I love your post always wanted to try trhe urban decay naked 2 palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Urban Decay Naked palette thank for the reviews

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig