Friday 11 May 2018

Green People Review | Cruelty-Free Beauty


I feel as though it's been the longest time since I sat down and wrote a post about an entirely new makeup brand. I say entirely new because until not too long ago I'd never actually tried anything from this brand, so therefore it's entirely new to me. The matter of the fact is they've been around for 20 years!

So who am I talking about?

Green People! For those of you who haven't yet heard of this brand, you're going to want to make a note of them (for reasons that will be touched upon within this post). Most importantly for myself, Green People is actually a completely cruelty-free beauty brand! Some of you may already be aware of the fact that I've gone cruelty-free with my beauty this past year and making that decision meant that I had to give up purchasing some of my favourite products from some of my favourite brands. At the same time it's meant that I'm trying to find new "favourites" in the process, so discovering another cruelty-free company opens up so many more options for someone like myself.





Green People are primarily an online brand, offering everything from makeup, skincare, haircare and more! Ethics are clearly a big deal with this brand, as along with being cruelty-free, Green People's products are also organic too - and they offer a full vegan range as well! Excitingly, I was sent a selection of their products to try out... and let's just say, I was pretty impressed!

Possibly the product I was most looking forward to receive, the Velvet Matte Lipstick in Damask Rose*. A mid nudish-pink, this is typically the type of colour that I would naturally pick to finish off an everyday look. The packaging with both makeup products I received is pretty simple, nothing to rave on about in all honesty - but it's the product itself that we're interested in! Initially, I have to admit that I wasn't too sure. The thing with this lipstick is that it has almost a hard exterior; it was quite difficult to initially apply. However after the first couple of uses it now effortlessly glides on my lips, and whilst it's not the creamiest of lipsticks out there, it definitely applies better than the first use. This isn't necessarily the most pigmented lipstick either, but with that comes a plus - it's buildable. I can decide whether I want to wear a small amount or pile it on and have something a little more noticeable!

Next up, mascara! Whilst I don't need another mascara in my collection (just your casual hoarder here), I should probably confess that I've only ever used one other mascara from a cruelty-free brand that I actually like; so again, I'm expanding my options. The Volumising Mascara* is hands down my favourite product I've tried so far. It's definitely not an in your face, night out kind of mascara, however it not only volumises, but also lengthens my incredibly short and stubby lashes. Combine that with the fact that I haven't experienced any panda eyes (at least that's what I call it) since I've begun using this mascara, I'd say it's clearly a winner for me! And whilst it doesn't transfer underneath my eyes, it's super easy to remove at the end of the day.

And what could we remove it with I hear you say? How about the Gentle Cleanse & Makeup Remover*? Now this is a strange one. This is the first makeup remover I've used that has a slightly foamish consistency; all makeup removers I've previously used have been of a liquid, gel or cream consistency. But it's good to try new things! 
I do have to admit that I initially overestimated how much I should be using. Squirting out a dollop that I thought would be a suitable amount, I soon had enough on my face to remove the makeup from the faces of women from a small village. So take into account that a little truly goes a long way with this. All in all I would say that this makeup remover takes off about 90-95% of my makeup - regardless of what I'm using I always go in with a drop of micellar water to pick up the leftover makeup, and whilst I don't think this has helped my skin in anyway (other than feeling instantly refreshed afterwards), it hasn't done anything bad. I'm usually pretty skeptical when trying out new skincare products as I tend to break out quite frequently and have fairly dry skin too, but this remover has done nothing to worsen the condition of my skin, which makes it a winner in my books.
Plus, it comes in a massive tube, so it'll last ages!

Have you tried anything from Green People before?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig