Monday 27 October 2014

My Love! Michael Kors Large Selma Tote

 
I bought my very first designer bag and I'm oh so excited to tell you all about it!!
I'm sure you've seen this bag before, regularly popping up on blogs, fashion Instagram's and  occasionally YouTube videos!
So meet Selma, my brand new spanking Michael Kors bag; and yes, I call her Selma on a regular basis. This is my very first designer bag and I'm extremely happy to now have this in my collection, especially as I paid for it 100% on my own!



 
You probably don't know, but during this Summer I was lucky enough to travel to Florida and due to the cheaper prices over there and the great currency conversion rate, I decided that I wanted to treat myself a little. Fortunately when we went to the mall, we received a coupon booklet which also allowed us to have 20% off a Michael Kors purchase (over a certain amount spent) which basically sold it for me! With all of these combined, I ended up purchasing the bag for almost half the price of what I would've paid here in the UK! How could I have said no to that?!?
 
As this is my first designer bag, I wanted to go for something that had a very classic feel to it (which this definitely does) and something that I'd be able to match with practically every outfit I own, which is the main reason I chose to buy this in the classic black colour.
 
The bag itself has been made to a very high quality, entirely of a beautiful and sturdy Saffiano Leather which always sits in place. There are many little gold accents placed around the bag, obviously including the Michael Kors name, as well as the studs on the bottom which keep the bag from getting dirty when placed on the floor...such a genius invention in my opinion! It also has a detachable strap which comes into great use for me, as when my arm gets tired I can simply place it on my shoulder; and it looks sleek both ways!
 
Oh and the inside of the bag! One thing I always look for with bags is that they have a zip as I'm one of those people who tends to worry if my bag is open with other people potentially having easy access to it, so that was a bonus for me when buying Selma...does that make any sense?!
Anyway this bag is relatively spacious inside, not necessarily the biggest, but big enough for all the essentials when I want to go shopping, however it's definitely not big enough to be used as my uni bag. The inside is also quilted with an MK engraved material and has a variety of small pockets to store little things in, which is another selling point for me!
 
Overall I absolutely LOVE this bag. It's such a high quality and sturdy bag, that I can see this in my collection for very many years down the line. If you're possibly thinking of purchasing this bag, I wouldn't hesitate. It's such a lovely item and in terms of designer bags, is relatively cheap. It also comes in a variety of colour to suit your needs and smaller sizes if you're not willing to splash as much cash! It's also adored by many celebrities!
 
What do you think of Selma? Do you have any designer bags?
 
Lots of Love
 

Share:

10 comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm getting serious bag envy right now!
    She's a beauty, and you're right it does have a really classic look about it!
    So so jealous!
    <3 Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks! Absolutely gorgeous bag, would recommend to anyone!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Great find girl. I think that bag is AMAZING! ;)
    Hope you can visit my blog. Let me know what you think about it! We can also follow each other via gfc and bloglovin if you want.

    Sammie
    sammiethestargirl.blogspot.com || Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's gorgeous! Will make sure to pop over!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. Seems like the perfect bag! It would go with almost everything, and the size is just right! <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is aha! Yeah just the right size to fit everything in, already had a lot of use out of it!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous bag!
    Alex // www.prettythoughtsx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so beautiful and you were so lucky to have got it discounted!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is isn't it?! Super lucky, I just had to take advantage of it or I most certainly would've regretted it!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig