Friday 24 November 2017

Worth The Hype? Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette


It goes without saying that since its release last year, I've certainly been lusting over the ABH Modern Renaissance Palette. I tend to get a couple of high-end palettes a year; usually one when I pop over to the states and the other for a birthday or Christmas present. After roughly a year and a half without this palette in my life, on my recent Florida holiday I finally caved in and added this beauty to my ever-growing collection. But what do I genuinely think?


ABH isn't a brand I've had too much experience with; I definitely enjoy my bargains and you're more likely to find me scouring the shelves in Boots. However, I have previously purchased their liquid lipsticks and for the most part been pleasantly surprised with them. ABH are also one hundred percent cruelty-free, which has begun swaying me more towards the brand recently.

Priced at £43, the Modern Renaissance palette comes with a range of 14 unique matte and shimmery shades. It is also (I believe) the most expensive eyeshadow palette I have owned to date; just slightly dearer than my beloved Urban Decay Naked Palettes

Want my honest reaction? It's totally worth it!

The addition of this palette has introduced me to a selection of warmer toned (and a few cooler toned) eyeshadows which until now have been absent within my makeup collection. This has allowed me to experiment with colour and create a more expansive range of different "looks". 
Whilst certainly not the creamiest, ABH shadows are quite possibly the most pigmented; just a small amount goes a long way; the standout shades for me being Primavera, Buon Fresco, Red Ochre and Antique Bronze. Combine this with the fact they're extremely blendable and I think we've quite possibly got an almost perfect palette on our hands.

VERDICT: It's worth the hype!

Have you tried ABH products before? What would you recommend?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig