Tuesday 21 January 2014

The Best Of Beauty 2013!

Hello Lovelies!
 
Now I know this is a bit late to be posting this, but I thought as it's still only January and since I have only just started my blog, this would be a suitable first ever beauty post for my blog.
 
 
I decided on 6 make up products to include in this post, all which were purchased and tried for the first time last year and even better 5 of them are drugstore products (or high street here in the UK), HURRAY!!!
 
However my first product that I want to talk about is the Naked 2 Palette, probably owned by many of you reading this right now so you'll understand what I'm talking about! I LOVE neutral eye shadows - they tend to be the only ones I wear, so the fact that this palette has 12 beautiful neutral shadows is absolutely perfect for me as I like to use every single one of them. My personal favourites are Half-Baked (a beautiful gold colour), Snakebite (a gorgeous metallic dark brown) and YDK (the most metallic of them all) - it's fair to say I love metallic eye shadows! Even though to some this may be considered a bit too pricey at £36, it comes with 12 extremely pigmented eye shadows, an amazing double-sided brush (which is priced at £14 RRP) and a mini lip gloss, making it well worth the money!
 
 
I have also really loved the Maybelline Color Tattoo's. These are beautiful cream eye shadows which are great either on their own or as an eye shadow base and are retailed at £5 each, making them super affordable. My personal favourite is On and On Bronze, a lovely brown colour.
 
The Bourjois Delice de Poudre bronzing powder has also been a firm favourite of mine. Prior to last year I had never tried a bronzer and this was a great first bronzer to have, not just because it smells gorgeous and looks like chocolate! This in my opinion is reasonably priced at £6.99 and next on my list is the Bourjois' bronzing primer.
 
 
Another favourite for me was the Max Factor Whipped Crème foundation which was a fairly new release at the end of last year. This product has a very high coverage and is very easy to blend onto the face. Also a little goes a very long way with this foundation, but on the downside it only comes with 18ml of product, compared with the usual 30ml of most drugstore foundations, as well as the fact that it is priced at a hefty £10! Another downside to this product is that the colour selection is fairly limited, with only 4 shades to choose from. This does not affect me too much and I happen to be the lightest shade, 40 Light Ivory, but it may not be great for other people.
 
Finally I have 2 different lip products which have been my go-to products for months! First of all, the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain's have been a staple item in my make up bag since the beginning of the year. I currently have two of these, Honey (which I have included in the first picture) and Lovesick. Honey is a much more wearable colour and has definitely had the most use of the two. Lovesick is a very hot pink which I tend to use for going out or simply if I need to brighten up my outfit, haha. They are extremely moisturising and stay on for hours and hours. These are currently priced at £7.99, but I do tend to find that Boots have many offers throughout the year with all Revlon lip products. Next I need to try their matte and lacquer stains that Revlon recently released!
 
 
The Max Factor Lasting Colour Collections Lipstick is the final product that I chose. I only have one in the shade Pink Brandy, which as you've probably guessed is a pink lipstick, however it has a coral tone to it which is not so clear in the image above, but makes the lipstick look even more beautiful. They last for ages and feel absolutely weightless, however the colour selection is very limited, so I hope that they come out with more colours very, very soon!
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and maybe it has given you some good ideas as to what will be your next beauty purchase. Also, I'd love to know what your favourite beauty products of 2013 were!
 
Lots of Love,
Lizzie xx
Share:

9 comments

  1. Naked 2 is amazing! It's my trusty go-to palette! I love Maybelline Colour Tattoos as well. On And On Bronze is a beautiful shade, but I have to say my favourite is Light In Purple which is a blueish pink shade that is stunning!!!! I also discovered the Bourjois bronzer in 2013 and I love it. It smells delicious, doesn't it?
    Rachel @ rachelsaysfabulous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naked palette's are definitely some of the best around! I'll have to try Light In Purple soon. I just looked the colour up and it's gorgeous and actually looks really wearable - need to venture out my usual neutrals as well, haha. I love everything about the Bourjois bronzer, especially the smell!
    Also just checked out your blog and I LOVE it!!! Want to try so many products you've spoken about!!
    Thankyou for checking out my blog as well.
    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou, glad you like it!
    Yeah I'll sure give you a follow on bloglovin, I'll just go and find you.
    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello lovely! I've nominated you for the Liebster award! Take a little look at my blog post
    http://isobelxhayes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html
    Lots of love
    Isobel x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That lipstick looks beautiful! Definitely have to try that :)
    I'm now following you lovely x

    http://beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous, well worth every penny!!
      I'm following you as well now too, love your blog <3

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  8. Hey! I love your blog! I've nominated you for this Liebster Blog Award. Check out the post if you like... http://nomsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    Naomi from nomsbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig