Saturday 25 January 2014

Too Good To Be True?? £1 Lipsticks! REVIEW

Recently, I've been looking at many different makeup reviews on blogs and I keep coming across these lipsticks, hearing both good and bad reviews on them. Now I was as shocked as you when I heard that they were priced at only £1, YES £1 each!! These are by the brand MUA (Makeup Academy) which is sold in Superdrug and all of their products are very reasonably priced. I have only previously tried a blusher and some lip crayons of theirs and I actually really liked them so thought I'd give these a go. And for £1, even if I didn't like them it's not like I'd be wasting loads of money.
 
 

 
So let's begin with talking about the packaging and the way the lipstick actually looks itself. In my opinion I thought that these lipsticks actually looked a lot more expensive than they actually are (I'm only talking like £5 here), except for the white one which I feel looks a little tacky :/
The packaging itself is very good quality, they feel sturdy, so they won't come undone when I leave them in my bag and then splatter lipstick everywhere (yay)!! I also like how each lipstick comes with a balm at the end which can be unscrewed, although I'm unsure of how much I'll actually use it, I think it's a great added feature. The lipsticks also look very good quality, much like any other lipstick.
 
I picked up three lipsticks when I popped over to Superdrug and unfortunately many were sold out - they must be so popular!! But, here are the ones I got:
 
 
Pouty Pink
 
Pouty Pink is the only matte lipstick I bought (the one in the white tube). I bought this one because it appeared to look like a very cotton candy pink in the tube and when I swatched it in the store, however when I put in on and after many swipes, it appears to do very little to change the colour of my lips (although it does look quite pink in the picture). Also you may be able to see in the picture that it is quite drying and was already flaking a little practically a minute after I put it on. I was not very impressed with this particular lipstick at all and had to take it off straight away because it was so drying.

Juicy
Even though it seems a lot more pink in the photo, Juicy is a very coraly pink colour - my camera does not seem to pick up corals very well! This lipstick is very easy to apply and feel moisturising on the lips. It is a very wearable colour, however the lasting power of it is very limited - probably about 2-3 hours, but because of the extremely low price, this isn't really such a bad thing and I'm happy to reapply lipstick throughout the day anyway.
 
 Shade 13
This lipstick seems to come from a different collection from the other two, as it's name is simply Shade 13 - I think there are 16 shades in total in this collection. It is a very bright red and looks exactly the same in the tube as it does on your lips - just warning you!! This will be a great colour to wear on a night out or to add a bit of colour to your outfit/makeup. The lasting power of this is slighty better than Juicy's - I tend to find darker shades last for longer anyway!
 
Overall I am pretty impressed with these lipsticks. They look a really good quality on the lips and I think with the price that they are sold for, you really can't go wrong. I didn't like Pouty Pink at all, however seemed to like the two that are in the black packaging, so think I may stick to the ones in the black packaging from now on as I plan to buy a lot more due to their extremely low price. I think you get a lot more than you pay for when you buy these and would a 100% recommend them!!
 
Have you ever tried the MUA lipsticks before? What are your favourite cheap beauty products?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx

Share:

13 comments

  1. I have to try these! your blogs so cute! follow back?xo http://georgiathinks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need too!! Well worth the money! Thank you, means a lot <3
      Following back, thanks for the follow!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Hey hun, I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Check out my blog post for more info http://jenniewren3.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing for £1! Will be trying these! :-)

    www.fairytalesandlittlewhitelies.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, can't believe their so cheap and so good!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. I found the same with the matte ones (white tube) I got a dark cherry red and it doesn't show on my lips! Glad I only paid £1. I love their other ones though.

    anniewritesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't sure if it was just the one I bought, but I definitely won't be picking up another matte one again now that I know this. Yeah, good job it is so cheap! The other ones are fab!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. These look lovely! And I can't believe how affordable they are! Will definitely be picking these babies up the next time I venture into Superdrug :)
    danielascribbles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing considering the price! Will definitely have to get yourself a few :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  6. wow you're kidding me, these shades are perfect! i can never ever find MUA in my superdrug :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty amazing! Hopefully you'll stumble across them some day :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the review & Great Blog! Followed! xo

    That Quirky Panda
    http://thatquirkypanda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig