Friday 6 June 2014

5 Beauty Products I Couldn't Live Without! // #TOTW

I was recently asked by the lovely Paige over at misssugarspiceallthingsnice if I would like to take part in #TOTW (Topic of the Week) which she has just created. I thought it would be a great opportunity to become more involved with the blogging world, especially as there are some great blogs involved with this as well. Basically, Paige created a poll whereby we voted as to which topic in the poll we would like to write about that week. We were then emailed as to which topic was the most popular and chosen for the week.
This week the #TOTW is 5 Beauty Products You Couldn't Live Without!


If you would like to take part in this, definitely get in contact with Paige as I think she's always looking for more people to contribute.
 
It was definitely very hard to choose just 5 products as I love sooo many beauty products out there, but I somehow managed to narrow it down to these 5 products!

1. Moisturiser - Boots Simply Sensitive Moisturiser
As some of you may know, I have been suffering with terribly dry skin these past few months and I desperately needed a new moisturiser that would help reduce the dryness. I picked this up a couple of months ago and absolutely LOVE it!! Not only has it reduced the dryness of my skin and made it smoother, but it's also super affordable! If you would like to see my complete thoughts on this product, make sure to check out my review here!
 
2. Dry Shampoo - Batiste Dry Shampoo
Usually, I wash my hair every two days and a lot of the time I find that my roots have become quite greasy by the second day. This dry shampoo is my saviour as it not only reduces the greasiness of my hair, but it also provides a bit of volume for my flat hair. Also I love trying all the different scents; right now I'm using the Floral and Flirty scent, which is really nice.
This does however mean that I have become a little lazier with washing my hair because I use it as an alternative...oops.
 
3. Concealer - Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
This concealer is probably the most loved out there by British beauty bloggers and YouTubers and I can see why - I'm actually so proud of myself for finding this product before all the hype on the Internet started over it! Although I personally don't think this concealer is great for my under eyes (so I use a different one in this case), it's perfect on any of my blemishes, covering them up easily. It's also super cheap, so I can't see myself switching to another concealer anytime soon!
 
4. A Brow Powder - Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow & Eyebrow Palette
For the last year it has always been essential for me to fill in my brows as I love bold brows...plus I have quite a few sparse spaces in mine. The one that I've been using just recently is from Makeup Revolution and is part of the Awesome Eyeshadow & Eyebrow palette I received in my Latest in Beauty Dream Box (I previously used an eyeshadow which wasn't the greatest). Although I would like to try some other brow products out there other than this one, I included this product in this post because it is essential for me to fill in my eyebrows if I'm leaving the house!
I will be writing a more in depth review of this product very soon so keep your eyes peeled for that!
 
5. Natural Lip Colour - Revlon Balm Stain in Honey
Even though I love wearing bright lips and dark lips, I also think it's essential for every girl to have a few natural lip products on hand as they'll go with every outfit and can tone down a makeup look if needed to. So I am a massive fan of all the Revlon balms and the balm stain in the shade Honey is no exception! It's definitely the most natural and most used of all my balms I own - possibly even the most used of all my lip products! I love how these balms are extremely moisturising with amazing pigmentation and they stay on for hours meaning reapplying is unnecessary - bonus! I'm definitely going to be grabbing some more natural lip products and more Revlon balms when I head out to America at the end of the Summer!

What are some beauty products you couldn't live without? Have you tried any of these products?

Lots of Love

Share:

4 comments

  1. I have to wash my hair everyday sadly, but on days that I can't batiste is my saviour! I still haven't tried that concealer but really want to after all the reviews I've read. x

    Katie // k-olivia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fantastic product for those bad hair days! I would definitely recommend it, such a great concealer!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Dry Shampoo and the Collection concealer are also on my list of super amazing products I'll always re-purchase!

    http://creepersandcupcakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they should be on everyone's haha! Such incredible products and for the price...can't complain!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig