Thursday 5 June 2014

Review // Is The Baby Skin Primer Any Good??

 If you've seen my most recent haul (which was all the way back in April), you may have seen that I picked up the Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer from Maybelline. I'd been wanting to try it since it was released and after seeing mixed reviews from different blogs I wasn't 100% sure whether to purchase it or not, but I eventually grabbed it after a recent 2-for-1 deal at Boots.
 

This may be somewhat different to any reviews you've previously seen on this product as I've noticed that a lot of people reviewing this primer have been comparing it to Benefit's POREfessional, but as this happens to be the first primer I've ever tried, this review will in no way be compared to any others out there and for anyone who's never tried a primer before, this review may be in some way more useful to you!

 
First of all, I don't mind the packaging with this primer; I think it's quite cute and the squeezy tube and small nozzle makes it easier to control the amount of product you get, although I do prefer the look of packaging of similar primers, but this is not a problem in any way.
 
The cost of Baby Skin is £7.99, much cheaper than the POREfessional that everyone seems to be comparing it to. Although I have wanted to try Benefit's primer, I thought it would be better to try a cheaper alternative to see if that has any effect on me. Overall I think the price is reasonable, as I can't quite see myself spending £24.50 on a primer, no matter how good it is...
 
The product itself is a clear silicone gel which is supposed to blend into the skin to give a poreless effect. In my opinion a little bit goes a long way with this product along with the fact that a small amount can be used and blended over the entire face...although I don't feel it gives an entirely poreless effect. Now I don't suffer with terrible pores, but I feel like after it's blended in you can still see the majority of my pores and although my skin feels much smoother, it doesn't necessarily look it. However, the fact that it makes my skin a lot smoother is beneficial for me, as I have recently been suffering with worsening dry skin, so this allows my face makeup to go on much, much easier!
 
Also I feel that it does one of the main things that a primer should do - keep makeup on your face for longer! I've noticed that since using this product my face makeup nearly always looks identical to what it did in the morning, at night, whereas beforehand, half of it would be off my face within a few hours.
 
I do like this primer as it does allow my makeup to stay on all day, however I don't feel that it helps to reduce the effect of my pores, which is obviously being stated to be the main purpose of this primer. Also, I've heard that some people with oilier skin have not been getting along with this primer as it makes their skin feel greasier (whereas it makes my dry skin feel smoother).
 
I think I would repurchase this primer, however I would like to try some other primers beforehand to see if they're any better!
 
Have you tried this primer? Any suggestions as to what primer I should try next?
 
Lots of Love 
 
Share:

1 comment

  1. This is an interesting review and I have been on the look for a good primer and now I would surely give this one a try. After having the non surgical facelift, I think I would need it.

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig