Wednesday 18 June 2014

Mini Makeup Haul!

On a few different shopping trips I've been needing to pick up a few different beauty items, which thankfully I've been able to find...however as usual I did get pulled in by some pretty great deals as well, oops! I've also purchased some clothing items recently as well, but I thought it would be best to do two separate hauls instead, so this is quite a small haul really.

 

One thing I desperately needed was a new foundation after running out of my Rimmel Match Perfection. I went back to Boots to repurchase it and to my luck, it was on offer; £4.99 instead of £6.99 - safe to say I snapped it up! I've previously posted a review on this product (comparing it to Rimmel's Lasting Finish), so if you'd like to read that you can do so here!
 
I also really wanted to try Maybelline's The Eye Eraser concealer as I just wasn't satisfied with the current one I was using, due to it easily creasing and making my skin look even drier. I'd heard quite a few positive reviews about this product and whilst it is pricier than other concealers I've previously used, I thought I may as well give it a go. This concealer was actually very hard for me to find; it was completely sold out in both my local Boots and Superdrug, however my mum managed to find one when she went shopping...yay! Anyway I'm not entirely sure if I'll like this that much as I'm not really a fan of the sponge applicator, however I will address this in a review very, very soon. Also I picked up the lightest shade, Fair.

 
Revlon's lip products are by far my favourite on the high street and obviously I got sucked in by the 2 for £10 deal Boots were having on them (I'm not entirely sure if that deal is still on...I hope it is). First of all I picked up a Lip Butter in the shade Strawberry Shortcake. I currently own a couple of other shades, however I wanted a more subtle one compared to the ones I already own and after hearing a lot of positive things said about this shade, I knew it needed to be in my makeup collection. The products themselves are quite sheer so I need to make sure to apply a few layers to get the desired effect, however once I've done that it gives off a beautiful colour and the fact that they're extremely moisturising makes this my favourite lip product right now!
I also grabbed Revlon's Matte Balm in the shade Elusive which is a natural pinkish colour...however it is a little darker than I was expecting after seeing photos in many other blogs. If you've been reading my blog for a few months you may be aware of how big of a fan I am of all Revlon's balms/lip crayons, as again these are so moisturising and the pigmentation is amazing. They also last for hours and hours, unlike the Lip Butter's. This is my second matte balm, however I plan to buy more especially when I head out to America later this Summer!
 
Finally I picked up a new nail varnish from Sally Hansen, which I actually got at Poundland! I would highly recommend going to Poundland to look at the nail varnish's they have on offer, as although there is some controversy regarding the makeup they sell (due to the use by dates - some of which have obviously gone out of date), I have never encountered any problems with the ones I have previously picked up and they are usually only about a year old anyway - so why not save £5-£6 or so buying from Poundland instead of Boots?? I picked up the colour Sea which is a beautiful minty green colour that I've been wanting for a while, however I don't believe this type of nail polish is currently sold within drugstores anymore (another benefit of buying from Poundland).
I'm planning on writing a post about makeup from Poundland so make sure to comment below if you'd be interested in seeing that!
 
Have you tried any of these products recently?
 
Lots of Love

Share:

18 comments

  1. I need to get my hands on the matte balms! And elusive looks like a beaut of a colour ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! It's an absolutely gorgeous colour in my opinion!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. I have been loving Revlon lip products as well, and at discounts like that, why wouldn't you purchase them? The colour of the nail polish is lovely x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fantastic! Can never say no to a good Boots deal!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. revlon is also my favourite brand for lip products and elusive has to be my favourite out of all the balms! it looks classy but still natural which is what I like! x

    ChelseaSharkie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree with you! Such a fantastic colour for everyday, yet it really stands out!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. I love the revlon matte balms! My current favourite shade is elusive :-) Loved your haul x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're amazing! Absolutely loving Elusive, such a gorgeous shade for any occasion!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. I love checking out Poundland for hidden gems! I always find a million Revlon nail varnishes in there, in such pretty shades! Loved your haul :)

    www.whatlaurendidtoday.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fantastic place to get discounted makeup! I've got a couple of Revlon nail varnishes too...can't say no to that aha!
      Thank you, glad you enjoyed it!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  6. Love the Revlon balms, i just did a haul/review on them!

    xprincessjas | xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're absolutely amazing! Will have to take a peak!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  7. The Maybelline concealer is my HG for undereyes. I just spin the product up and dab the sponge with the brush of my choice, because I actually find the sponge a bit awkward. That nail polish shade is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an amazing product! Ooh that's a different method...I don't mind the sponge but I do feel like I am wasting some of the concealer with it there!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  8. The age eraser is what I need to get rid of dark circles under my eyes. Applying with a ready on sponge makes it so easy for using when out and about Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely incredible, couldn't agree more!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  9. i love that pastel nailpolish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! I've since used it though and found that I don't like it at all :(

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig