Thursday 12 June 2014

How I Style Patterned Trousers // OOTD

 
 After having some decent weather for last week in England, I decided to wear some of my new clothes to make good use of the nice weather. I love this outfit as it's something I've never really worn before but is honestly 100% my style, and if I could dress like this everyday, I would!

The pictures didn't turn out as great as I'd like them too and sorry for my makeupless face, haha! Also my necklace isn't showing in the first picture so that's a little annoying...



Crop Top - Forever 21
Trousers - New Look
Sunglasses - River Island
Necklace - Avon
Sandals - New Look
 
I picked up these wide-leg trousers/palazzo pants last week at New Look and I am absolutely in LOVE with them. Right now I'm really loving printed trousers which before this year I was never that fussed with and after trying on many different pairs that just didn't suit me, I thought I'd given up. Then I stumbled across the new collection in New Look where I picked up not only these trousers but another pair of printed trousers (which I will show very soon in a haul). These kind of look like a maxi skirt (that's what I initially thought it was) because they're so flowy and have such a wide leg...but I like that. I was very surprised how perfect the length is on me as I'm quite tall, but then and again wide-leg trousers generally suit taller people more...saying that, Vanessa Hudgens looks great when she wears them - I'm obsessed with her style FYI!
 
I also paired it with this striped crop top I purchased from Forever 21 a couple of months ago and have yet to wear. I personally don't like showing much of my belly (unless I'm wearing a bikini) so I like the fact that this outfit just shows a small section of my and that they is no fat falling over (because the trousers fit so perfectly). Also I think it's great how I've managed to wear two different patterned pieces together, as I generally tend to wear one pattern and a solid colour so I enjoy being able to go out of my comfort zone!
 
To go with these I also wore a long gold jaguar necklace and some gold rimmed oversized aviators. On my feet I went for comfy and casual and picked some old strappy sandals - new sandals are definitely on my wishlist right now!
 
I hope you liked this OOTD, so make sure to comment down below if you do!
 
Would you ever wear wide-leg trousers? What would you pair with floral printed trousers?
 
Lots of Love
 

Share:

7 comments

  1. Fantastic pants! I would definitely give wide-leg trousers a try but I think I'd wear them in white.

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'd definitely recommend you give them a try - white one would be lovely too!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Love the top! You look stunning ♥

    milkyrabbit.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great and was such a good price!
      Aww thank you :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. I love your trousers xx
    http://tilililly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!
    This is one of my favourite comments! I totally think it's great to be individual when it comes to your style!

    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig