Thursday 11 August 2016

High End Lip Products | Top 3


I'm a lip product junkie. There, I said it. I own probably far too many than is plausible for any female at this point, but as we all probably know, I'm not going to stop buying them. 

One thing that I am lacking however is a large quantity of higher end lip products (or high end makeup at all). I personally think for the most part that high street can be just as good or better than their high end counterparts, so in most cases I opt for that instead. Because of this, when I do decide to invest in a slightly more expensive makeup product, I research, research, research! And whilst my high end lip collection isn't massively extensive, I have found a fair few products which I would highly recommend everyone to try out!


It's fair to say that in the case of high end lip products, there is definitely one brand that I favour over all others, with two of their products making it into my top three. That is evidently YSL! I don't know what they do, but every time they manage to get it spot on...and the beautiful packaging always makes splashing that little extra cash a bit easier.

YSL Rouge Volupte in 34
Whilst this isn't one my favourite colours to wear on a constant basis, in no way can I fault the Rouge Volupte lipsticks. The soft, creamy texture means that the product easily glides on the lips and the fantastic pigmentation means one swipe and I'm good to go! They're extremely comfortable on the lips, very moisturising, and when they do fade, they fade nicely - no awkward lines around your lips! YSL also shine in relation to the scent of their lip products and the gorgeous watermelon scent (one of my favourite fruits) is a real highlight for me! Although I don't make full use of this particular colour due to the brightness of it, I do definitely have one of their lighter, more wearable shades on my wishlist and will in no doubt be purchasing another very, very soon!

YSL Kiss & Blush in 9
Another YSL standout for me! And the fact that it's a duel product may also help some of you out there. For me personally, I just choose to use it as a lip product rather than a blush too. However this is one of my favourite glosses that I've used to this date! Whilst it isn't as moisturising and creamy as the Rouge Voluptes, the actual shade of this gloss, a light dusky pink, is one of my favourites and because of that, one I wear on a regular basis. Although I do find myself having to reapplying a few times throughout the day, because of the lightness of this shade, it always wears off very nicely and naturally and the applicator always picks up the perfect amount of product.

Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Melted Fig
I know, I'm finally talking about a different brand! But Too Faced is one of my favourite high end brands, and their melted lipsticks are no exception. Whilst I only own Melted Fig, a relatively dark plum shade, I couldn't recommend it enough. If you love those dark berry shades, particularly in Autumn, then you'll love this! And if you don't, they have such an extensive range of shades that you'll definitely find one you love - Melted Peony is next on my list! These Melted Lipsticks are great as like the Rouge Volupte lipsticks, the pigmentation is absolutely incredible. However they are also massively different as these mattify after a short while, and the soft sponge applicator is something you never really see on lip products - something I love but I know some people will be a little iffy about. Also if you're not willing to spend the money on YSL lip products, whilst Too Faced is still considered high end with a price to reflect that, the price in relation may be seen as more of a middle ground for us all!

What are your favourite high end lip products? What would you recommend I try next?

Lots of Love

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig