Monday 24 November 2014

What I Got For My 20th Birthday!

 
 
As you're probably unaware, this Saturday I celebrated my 20th birthday! It's absolutely crazy to think that I'm no longer a teen and even though I'm in no way old, I just feel so much older now! How weird is that??
 
Although I know some people don't really like reading these sorts of posts, I personally love seeing what other people received for their birthday (or Christmas), so as this is my first birthday where I've been blogging, this seems as though the perfect opportunity to write this post. I also want to state that I am in no way bragging about the things that I received, as I do understand that I'm very fortunate and am thankful for everything that was given to me.




For the beauty side of these, I got some amazing gifts! I've been eyeing up the Real Techniques Stippling Brush for a while now and although I knew I was going to get this, I was super excited to receive it and cannot wait to start using it! Real Techniques brushes are just so soft! I also knew that I would be getting the Urban Decay Primer Potion this birthday, but as my eyeshadow seems to crease after about 3-4 hours and because I'd read many fantastic reviews of this product, I knew that this needed to be in my makeup collection and whipped it out straight away!
To my surprise though, I also received two lipsticks. I got a vampy Makeup Revolution lipstick, which is perfect as I was on the hunt for a darker lipstick anyway. And I also received...a YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick! I was literally so excited when I opened this, as I've been eyeing up this lipsticks for a fair few months, I mean come on...just look at the packaging! I have the shade 34 (Rose Asarine), which is quite a bright pink and just to let you know, there will be a review on this very vey soon!


I also received some gorgeous fashion pieces, which because I'm very picky with my clothes, were all picked out by me beforehand...is anyone else like this?? First of all, I got this dusty pink oversized coat which is from New Look. I'm absolutely in love with this style of coat and the colour; it will be perfect in any season! I then got this faux fur stole from Topshop which I am absolutely in love with. It pretty much suits every coat or jacket (especially my new coat) and makes every outfit look a little more fashion forward! Expect to see an OOTD very soon with both of these pieces!

 
I also received this long green kimono from New Look, which is absolutely gorgeous! Although I probably won't get much use out of it during this time of year, it will definitely come in handy during the Spring and Summer months. I just love the intricate floral detail on this kimono and then as I'm also a big fan of fringe, this definitely caught my eye! I then received a pair of pyjama bottoms. I'd been wanting some checked Christmassy type of pyjamas and although I was initially looking for red ones, these were just too cute to pass up...and super cosy!
 
 
I then also received some more miscellaneous items, some of them like chocolates and underwear, I'm obviously not going to show you (for obvious reasons), but here are a few of the other gifts I got. First of all I got 2 DVD's, Divergent and Bad Neighbours. I'd seen both of these films before I got them and loved them so much...I mean, come on, Theo James and Zac Efron...who wouldn't?! I was also given Taylor Swift new album which I'm already absolutely obsessed with, as it has such feel-good type of music on it! I also received a cute little sparkly photo frame from one of my friends which I absolutely adore, as it will be a nice little detail in my bedroom. And I finally I got this light pink leopard print umbrella, mainly because I was in great need of a new brolly, as mine either tend to break or get lost...hopefully I can keep this one for a little bit longer than usual!
 
So there's what I got for my 20th birthday!
Let me know what your favourite thing that I received was!
 
Lots of Love
 
Share:

16 comments

  1. I still haven't got around to buying Taylor Swift's new album but I really really want it! You sure have been given some really lovely things for your birthday (happy birthday by the way!). I personally love seeing what people got too x

    Holly | holly la beau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to get it, it's awesome! I certainly have gotten some great things!
      And thank you!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. That YSL Rouge Volupte lipstick looks gorgeous! Can't wait for review x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm soo in love with it...mainly because of the packaging haha!
      Coming up in a week or two!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. You've got some really lovely things, totally jealous of your YSL lipstick! That dusty pink coat is gorgeous!

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really have, so thankful! It's gorgeous, right!? And can't stop wearing my coat, worn in so much in the space of a week and a half!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. Really liked the lipstick and makeup brush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so good! Thanks for taking a look!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. Happy Belated Birthday! The Makeup Revolution lipstick looks amazing! I need to find it. I also wanted to let you know that I named you one of my Weekend Reads that will be posted Saturday I morning. I would love it if you could stop by and check it out. Have a lovely weekend!

    www.beautyandwhit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you! You need to get one, super inexpensive as well!
      I'll be heading over now!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  6. you got awesome gifts :) i am picky as well and usually pick my own presents lol :)

    www.simplymee89.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed! Glad I'm not the only one haha!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  7. Love this post!!! How beautiful are the YSL lippies and that sparkly photo farm is super cute!!

    www.samarabeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you enjoyed! They are especially gorgeous and yes, the frame is adorable!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday! It looks like you got some lovely bits and I hope you had a good time! xx

    Emily Faye | www.emilyfayeslittleworld.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you! I definitely did and I had a fab time too! Thanks for reading!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig