Friday 13 February 2015

Drugstore Makeup Haul ft. Maybelline & Revlon!

 
So after saying to myself that I was going to be good this month and spend absolutely no money on unnecessary clothes and makeup, I can safely say that this has pretty much gone tits up...
Sometimes when I have a little time to spare whilst at uni, I always somehow seem to end up in Boots, Superdrug or some clothing store, and then my purse just magically appears whilst I'm waiting at the checkouts with too much stuff in my hands...how does this always happen?!
 
I have been picking up both beauty and fashion items, however in this post I'm simply going to just show you the makeup products I picked up - if you want to see what fashion items I picked up, make sure to watch my new haul video at the end! Before getting started, I'd also like to apologise for the lack in posts this week. I've had a lot to deal with these past two weeks, but now as I have some spare time, I'm here again!!



First of all, I picked up these two foundations, and you won't believe me, but they honestly cost me just £2 each! I had no idea Boots had a little reduced section and once I walked past I had to have a little gander, managing to pick up these two gems. I have yet to try these out, however I am a little worried about how the FIT ME Foundation from Maybelline will look, as the shade seems a little too dark for my skin tone, but Revlon's Nearly Naked couldn't be closer on the other hand. Expect to see first impressions on my YouTube channel for both of these products some time in the near future.


Now to concealers. The only thing I purchased that is not Maybelline or Revlon, but as I'm coming to the end of my current tube, I obviously needed to pick up another of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer...I mean, who wouldn't?! I then also had to repurchase my The Eye Eraser Concealer as Maybelline had an offer on. I probably only have a month or two left with my current one, but it has lasted me 8 months already after a pretty much daily use, so I can't quite complain! Finally for concealers, I also grabbed the FIT ME Concealer from Maybelline from the reduced shelf, price at just £1...yes £1! I have yet to try this as well, but the colour does seem to be a pretty good match for me. Is it just me that feels like I've betrayed my beloved Collection concealer by purchasing this haha!

 
Finally, I also purchased three lip products. I needed to repurchase my Revlon Colorburst Balm Stain in Honey as I'm nearing the end of my current one. I also managed to get this £3 cheaper, as they'd forgotten to remove the offer from the Revlon stand from earlier in the week. Also from Revlon, I picked up one of their Lustrous Lipsticks in the shade Black Cherry. Now I'm aware that this isn't a very Spring-y colour, however I've been lusting after this for so long after trying to get it nearer Halloween time and it always being out of stock for obvious reasons. I finally picked up the Maybelline Color Elixer in the shade Blush Essence. This is simply a gorgeous neutral pink gloss, but one of the main reasons I bought this was honestly due to the packaging haha! I need to try this a little more, however would compare it quite closely to the L'Oreal L'Extraordinaire glosses which I love. I may do a post in the future to compare the two, as both colours I have are very similar!
 
If you'd like to see what fashion items (as well as all these beauty items) that I have also been purchasing, make sure to watch the video below. Let me know what you think, and if you enjoy don't forget to hit the Like button and Subscribe!
 
 
 
What makeup have you been purchasing from drugstore/high street recently?
 
Lots of Love
 

Share:

20 comments

  1. Great choice in concealers!
    I love both the Collection and Maybelline one.
    Great haul :)

    Leanne xx
    nailsandteapots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's great! Still yet to try my Maybelline one, but I'm so excited :D

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. That black cherry colour looks gooorgeous <3
    Love Vicki | victoriajanex.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it certainly is! One of my favourite lipstick shades <3

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. Ouuuu black cherry looks awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, such a gorgeous colour :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. That Black Cherry lipstick looks gorgeous, its definitely the kind of colour I would go for in a lipstick! :)

    Sarah / Sarah Smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really such a lovely colour! I would definitely recommend checking it out :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. love the look of these products, especially the concealers x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a good concealer, would definitely recommend checking out them if you haven't already!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  6. You picked some great products! Lovely blog, just followed :) xx

    Beauty Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have, some amazing products <3
      Aw thank you so much, means a lot :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  7. I love Collection concealer, and the black cherry lipstick is super pretty. The boots by me has a reduced section always filled with battered bottles of bubble bath, I want a make-up bargain!

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're both two amazing products! That's annoying, everyone needs some discounted makeup! But in all fairness, this was the first time I ever saw it...just keep your eyes peeled :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  8. I love this concealer by Maybelline, I recently purchased it. It works perfect as a highlighter!

    Nati xx
    artdicted2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've still yet to try it but it really sounds amazing...I'll be using it very soon! Ooh really, I'll have to try, although I'm not sure if it'll work great on me since I'm quite pale anyway!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  9. That Maybelline concealer is an absolute gem! :)

    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone seems to be raving about it, can't wait to try it very, very soon!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  10. I haven't come across Revlon Nearly Naked before! I've tried all of those concealers and the Maybelline one is my favourite :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I recently just uploaded a first impressions on my YouTube channel on the Nearly Naked foundation if you fancy a watch, can see what I really think of it! It's the only one I've yet to actually use, so I'm very excited to!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig