Monday 12 January 2015

January Sales / Elizabeth Arden


I have to say that this year I was extremely disappointed with the Christmas sales. Usually I'm placing multiple orders online and clearing the racks in stores, but this year I only purchased one clothing item. I did however find this beaut of a set from Elizabeth Arden in Debenhams. Now, usually I do consider Elizabeth Arden to be aimed more towards the older woman rather than myself, however as this All Day Chic Collection was priced at just £50 instead of the £300 price tag, I couldn't pass up the opportunity. After all, it's high end makeup for a bargain price. Similar to pre-Christmas, they are selling these for £50 online as long as you purchase two Elizabeth Arden products, along with Boots, however I would check in stores if you're interested, as I didn't need to purchase any other products. Now for what's actually in the box!






Everything came in this gorgeous red makeup. Although I do really like it, it is a little too big to be lugging around or taking when travelling, so I'm not 100% sure of the use I'll get from it, but either way it's beautiful and a great additional product. As for the non-makeup items within this set, one of the first things I found were some gorgeous makeup brushes. Although it doesn't actually state anywhere, I do believe that these are blush, crease and blending brushes, and the quality of them are very nice. So soft and fluffy. It also came with a makeup remover, which will always come in handy for a makeup lover like myself!
 
As for the makeup, the first thing to catch my eye were the two eyeshadow palettes. Each palette comes with 8 eyeshadows, a blush and highlight, and is packaged in a sleek gold or silver case. There's a wide variety of colours in these palettes, not just the typical browns that I generally go for, so I'll have to go a little out of my comfort zone! I haven't yet had a chance to properly use the shadows, however have swatched them. In no way would I compare the quality to the likes of my Too Faced or Naked palettes, however there definitely are some beautiful colours that I can see myself using on a regular basis. Both blushes in these palettes are also beautiful and give the perfect flush to the cheeks and I particularly love the lighter of the two highlights. The slightly brown highlight is a little too glittery for my likes.
 
The set also comes with the Elizabeth Arden Lash Enhancing mascara. It is apparent from looking at the brush that this is obviously a lengthening mascara, which I'm very excited to try as most of mine tend to be on the volumising side. It then also comes with two pencil eyeliners, a black and dark grey. I do have to say that recently I've become more obsessed with pen liners, but regardless I've never tried a high end eyeliner, and these will probably come in great use for my lower lash lines.
 
As for lips, this collection comes with two lip liners, something I haven't tried in donkeys years! I have however really been wanting to try lip liners recently and was so happy to find them in here. I don't particularly like Sugared Kiss, as it's a little too dark and metallic for my liking, however the shade Bare (a nude colour) will come in great use, especially for creating that Kylie Jenner lip! This set also came with two mini lip glosses, a peachy colour and bright pink colour. I particularly like the look of the pinkier shade, as it's a little different to any glosses I've owned in the past, however the peachy shade is very similar to many other glosses I've previously owned.
 
And then finally for my favourite part of this collection! Lipsticks! The set comes with four beautiful lipsticks, which are extremely creamy and I can see myself wearing on a regular basis! The shades Breathless and Desert Rose are both pinky nude colours, which I would consider to be like my lip colour, but better! Perfect for everyday wear. It also comes with what I would say is a traditional red colour, Red Door Red, which will definitely come in handy for satisfying my red lip obsession. And my favourite...Ultra Violet. I can safely say that these past few months, I have been obsessing over darker lips, specifically maroon and burgundy lips and this beautiful dark purple is just the absolute perfect shade! However as we soon get into the Spring and Summer months, I shouldn't really be wearing it so much.

You can purchase the set online at Debenhams here!
 
What do you think of this collection?
Have you ever tried any Elizabeth Arden products before?
 
Lots of Love
Share:

18 comments

  1. I love those pretty glitter-handled brushes!
    Laura | A Life With Frills

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly beautiful! Never quite had any like them x

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried too many items from Elizabeth Arden, but all of this makeup looks absolutely gorgeous! I am so in love with the brushes, and the flecks of gold in them! I didn't experience that great of January sales either, but I can't help myself from still looking!

    Becky, xx // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were the first items that I've tried from Elizabeth Arden! They're not my all time favourites but they're all pretty decent at minimum! Oh my too, you never know what you might find :) x

      Delete
  3. How many great products!

    Preppy look with midi skirt and loafers on
    lb-lc

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible set! I can't get over how much it was reduced! You got an amazing deal xx

    Magpie Jasmine || Palette Giveaway: Urban Decay, Nars, Charlotte Tilbury, Too Faced

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite get over it either, such an incredible price ♥

      Delete
  5. I cannot get over the fact that you picked this set up for £50, that is an absolute bargain! The lipsticks look amazing!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing deal for sure! The lipsticks are probably my favourite thing so far ♥

      Delete
  6. I love the look of the make-up brushes and the colour of the lipstick on the far right is soooo lovely! Have fun with all of these amazing products! xx

    http://andreawetzels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really good brushes too! Oh yes, it's a lovely everyday lipstick ♥ I am haha x

      Delete
  7. Ooohhh this is lovely, I was actually eying it up before Xmas, but missed the sales as I was away. I think even if you only like 4 products from the box you have still got such a bargain. The palettes look beautiful.

    Hayley @ Tea Party Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a shame as I'm sure you would've loved it! Totally agree, their are a couple products I'm not keen on, but I can't really complain x

      Delete
  8. Ahh, I love Elizabeth Arden! You should try their eyebrow powder kit, it's so good :)

    Cristina
    http://cristina.dk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I'll have to have a look since I quite like most of this stuff :) x

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig