Friday 9 January 2015

2014 Makeup Favourites

 
It's safe to say that last year was a good year for me in terms of discovering new beauty products. My interest for makeup only really started a couple years ago and since then I've collected just a little bit of makeup...most of which I discovered in 2014. I purchased so many great things this past year, however have picked some of my personal stand-out makeup products to share with you, many which I use on a almost daily basis!



 
Sleek Face Form Palette in Fair
This product is something that I've truly fallen in love with other this past year. It comes with a bronzer, blusher and highlighter, and shockingly I love them all equally. Personally I'm not a massive fan of shimmery bronzers, so I'm glad that this palette comes with a matte bronzer. As they have a range of palettes for different skin tones, I find that this particular bronzer is perfect for my fair skin tone, not muddy in the slightest. The blusher is also a beautiful pink which contains a little bit of gold shimmer, helping to give a perfect healthy flush to my cheeks. I'm also a big fan of the highlighter. Prior to purchasing this palette I'd never actually tried a highlighter before, so I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Similar to the blush, the shimmer helps to give a healthy, dewy finish and it's perfect to help with contouring. I use this product practically every day and am yet to hit pan.
 
Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore
Whilst I was in the USA last year, I obviously had to take great advantage of the cheaper makeup prices, but I also made sure to buy some products that I'd been wanting to try that we don't have here in the UK. I'd been lusting after a Milani Baked Blush for well over a year, and made sure to buy a couple whilst over there. I also purchased the shade Coralina, a beautiful corally pink shade with silver veining, however out of the two I bought, this one was definitely my favourite. Berry Amore is a gorgeous purple-ish beige shade with beautiful gold veining running throughout, however it comes out a little more pinky beige. First of all, the product itself looks absolutely stunning; it also comes with a mirror and applicator brush underneath, and similar to the Sleek blusher, it gives a lovely healthy glow!
 
NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder
Another product that I purchased from the USA, however I do believe that you can get it on the Superdrug website (I have yet to see it in stores). This is without a doubt my favourite bronzer that I've ever tried! Again, this is another matte bronzer, is super easy to contour with and is in no way muddy. The packaging is also super sturdy, comes with a pretty big mirror and the bronzer itself has the shape of a sun stamped into it. At £1.99, it's a complete steal!
 
Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette
I cannot quite express the love I have for this palette! After hearing so many rave reviews about these shadows, I decided to take the plunge and purchase this when on holiday. I tend to stick to very neutral/natural eyeshadow shades and every colour in this palette is extremely wearable. I believe it's the only eyeshadow palette I own where I actively use every colour on a regular basis! All the colours are super pigmented and creamy, and there is a lovely variety of both matte and shimmery shades! My favourites are Silk Teddy, Push-Up and Honey Pot.
 
Wet'n'Wild Icon Collection Eyeshadow in Walking On Eggshells
Unfortunately this is yet another product which is not available within the UK. I'd heard such incredible things about Wet'n'Wild eyeshadows before going to the US and decided to purchase this mini palette and the larger 8 shadow palette (Comfort Zone). Although I do really like the larger palette, I much prefer this smaller one. Each shade is engraved with the words browbone, crease or eyelid, so you know exactly where each shadows should go...a bonus for any makeup beginners! I haven't used the browbone shade much, but I am in love with the crease and eyelid shade. These shadows are super creamy and particularly the eyelid colour is extremely pigmented. I find myself reaching for this little palette (especially the shimmerly dusty pink colour) more so than a lot of the shadows from my Naked palettes! Although the packaging looks a little cheap, the product itself is incredible, and at $2.99 this was an absolute bargain! We need these in the UK!
 
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer in Orginal
I never really understood the importance of eyeshadow primer until a little while back. I didn't really think it would do much and was an unnecessary step to my makeup routine. God was I wrong! After finding that a lot of my eyeshadow was beginning to crease roughly 3-4 hours after applying, I decided that I wanted to try a primer to see if it actually helped in any way. Obviously everyone raves about the Urban Decay Primer's and I was lucky to receive one for my birthday last year. With this primer, I find that a little goes a very long way and my eyeshadow stays put the entire day - I've worn it up to 14 hours with no creasing before! I also received a sample of all four primers with my Naked 3 palette, so I'm super excited to try them out too! I will 100% be repurchasing this product - I now realise the importance of eyeshadow primer!
 
Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen
I'm not usually someone who wears eyeliner on a regular basis, however when I used to, I would always use a pencil as any other type of eyeliner was too hard for me to apply. Around Halloween time, I watched Niomi Smart's cat makeup tutorial in which she used this eyeliner. It seemed to create really good clean lines so I decided to purchase it and was pleasantly surprised by how much I actually love it! I found this to be one of the easiest liners I've ever used, and personally prefer the bold look that they give off compared to pencil liners for the upper lashline. The nib is also the perfect size, not too thin, yet not too thick. My favourite eyeliner ever!!
 
Revlon Colorburst Balms
It seems as though practically everyone absolutely loves the Revlon balms. I first purchased some in January last year and have since been hooked! My personal favourites are the balms stains, particularly Honey, and the matte balms in the shades Elusive and Sultry (shown above), however I'm obsessed with all of the ones I own! All of the balms are extremely moisturising and stay on the lips for a long time; even those not stated to be stains. They're also extremely pigmented, one swipe and your good to go!
 
Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Beige Trench
Bourjois lipsticks are most certainly one of my favourite lipsticks. I own a couple of shades, however my favourite is Beige Trench; a gorgeous nude colour with a slight hint of purple - something a little different to spice up a nude lip. Although the staying power isn't amazing with these lipsticks, the colour payoff is incredible and they are by far the creamiest lip product I own...I don't mind reapplying once or twice throughout the day. I'm excited to try more shades throughout 2015!
 
What have your favourite beauty products of 2014 been?
 
Lots of Love
 
Share:

22 comments

  1. I LOVEE the Wet n Wild palette and UD Eyeshadow Primer. They are such great quality products :)
    I really wanna try the Revlon Colorburst matte balm though because I haven't tried it and heard so many great reviews about this guy..
    Thank you for sharing this, love <3

    xo
    colorsinmybubble.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are incredible! It's amazing to think just how check the Wet n Wild palette is too!
      Ooh you need to try them, I rave about them too much aha! x

      Delete
  2. i loooooove the revlon colourburst matte balm in sultry (it's basically my everyday shade) and i love the look of the too faced palette!! great post :-)

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect shade, can see why it's your everyday shade ♥
      It's gorgeous, you should definitely get your hands on it if you can x

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love the Milani baked blushes! I've ordered a few different shades in the past from Beauty Joint and can't believe how lovely they are! I just wish they were easier to get hold of in the UK. x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're incredible, and so beautiful! Me too, I would love to just walk in to Boots or Superdrug and grab a few :( x

      Delete
  4. So many of these are my absolute faves. I wear the Supercat eyeliner every single day without fail haha. I love it! It makes wearing eyeliner so easy. I have the Walking on Eggshells palette too. It is such a great neutral palette with added shimmer x

    Mapped Out | Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you anymore, I always struggled with liner until I found this one ♥

      Delete
  5. Love love love the Supercat eyeliner and Revlon Matte Balms. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really want to try those Revlon balms, great post x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey lovely, thanks for your comment on my blog and also I have found you on twitter! I love the photography on your blog-what camera do you use? My favourite beauty product this year I think has got to be the NARS illuminator-
    Steph at ChicStrawberry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) Aw thanks, I use the Pentax Optio RZ18 right now!
      Ooh, I'll need to have a look at that x

      Delete
  8. Too faced shadows are 100% the best! I love them! Just followed on bloglovin!

    Olivia from Olivia Rose's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are amazing! The creamiest shadows I've ever used! Aw thank you ♥

      Delete
  9. Really nice recommendations- I want to try them all! I love the Sleek contour kit- particularly the bronzer. It is absolutely perfect for contour.
    Julz Obsessions xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should haha! Oh yes, it's amazing for contouring - I just love the fact that it's matte x

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig