Friday 7 August 2015

Budget Vs Splurge | Battle Of The Eyeshadow Primers

Since I got the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer last year, I have easily become obsessed with the stuff. I honestly have no idea how I lived so long without primer in my life...this stuff is magic! When I was recently on holiday in the US I soon came across an e.l.f. stand, and having heard some positive things about their products, I knew that I wanted to pick up some for myself. One thing in particular that stood out was their Shadow Lock eyeshadow primer; something I'd heard many people raving about, and at only $1 I had nothing to lose!

 
Since they have a similar nude, creamy formula, I wanted to see how it actually compared to the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer? If I end up liking this, maybe it could replace my much more expensive obsession!
 

I can safely say that this e.l.f. primer does not compare in any way to the Urban Decay Primer Potion! I'm a strong believer that most times budget products will do what high end products do for a fraction of the price; sometimes even better, but in this case you're really getting what you pay for!
 
After multiple times trying the e.l.f. primer, I quickly realised that this product does nothing to keep my eyeshadow plastered onto my eyelids. My shadow is always terribly creased after just a couple hours of wear, and in fact gives the same results as wearing no primer at all. Whereas when I wear the primer potion, I have gone over 12 hours with no creasing whatsoever!!
 
If you're looking for an eyeshadow primer to try, my recommendation would 100% be the Urban Decay Primer Potion. Yes it is roughly 20x more expensive than the e.l.f. version (which sounds insane thinking about it) but you really are getting a high quality product that actually works. For the price of the e.l.f. primer, it doesn't exactly hurt to try the product, but it's probably not going to give you the results that you're looking for.
 
I'm always on the lookout for cheaper alternatives, but for the time being, I will be sticking with my Urban Decay Primer Potion!
 
Lots of Love
Share:

1 comment

  1. I haven't tried UD primer however heard/read many good reviews about it. Elf offers some great cheap products but yeah not everything can compete with the high end ones.

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig