Saturday 25 June 2016

The Body Shop Makeup Review


Until recently, I'd never tried a single makeup product from The Body Shop. In fact, I'd never even thought about trying a single product. But after hearing some positive things, in particular about their bb cream, I decided that now was the time to try. 

With the intention of only picking up the bb cream, their 3 for 2 and 20% off of the remaining price deal had me purchasing more than I came in for. The All-In-One BB Cream retails for £12, the Instaglow CC Cream retails for £14 and the Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome for £8. With all of the offers combined, I managed to spend just £22 for all three products. 

All in all, I wouldn't say that these products completely blew me away. For the most part, I don't really believe they do exactly what they say on the tin, which at the end of the day is what I would like from a beauty product. But I do actually really like them, and here's why.


The Instaglow CC Cream comes in three different shades to match each individuals skin tone. The Body Shop have described it as having the ability to illuminate and minimise the appearance of pores, whilst also reducing shine and moisturising. For me I felt that it did moisturise, which is great for my uber dry skin, but because of my skin type I can't speak for whether it actually does reduce shine. I also have minimal pores on my skin, but saw very little different in minimising the appearance of them. Personally though, I can't understand the point of calling this a cc cream when no colour correcting aspects are highlighted and it overall did absolutely nothing to balance the colours within my skin. Overall I would say that the Instaglow did help to brighten my skin, but that it is better used as a primer rather than a cc cream - my makeup does seem to stay on longer after using this product.


The All-In-One BB Cream is evidently what I went to The Body Shop with the intention of purchasing, so obviously had high hopes placed upon it. After a fair few uses, I really have a love/hate relationship with this product. As someone who doesn't have the greatest skin, the super light coverage of the bb cream did nothing in relation to my discolouration and acne...and when I say super light, I mean pretty much no coverage whatsoever. But what this product does is really give my skin a lovely glow. I seem to appear much healthier and my somewhat dull, dry skin has been given a major pick me up straight away. The product itself also comes out white and when applied blends perfectly to match the colour of your skin tone. I'm also not lying when I say that this product literally melts into my skin; it's so weightless and really looks like I'm not wearing anything whatsoever. The All-In-One BB Cream would probably be best suited for someone with relatively clear skin, who is maybe just looking for a product to give their face a healthy and luminous glow. Whilst I won't wear this 24/7 because of my problematic skin, I can see myself using this for my holiday this year, where I'll simply be looking for a weightless and lighter coverage base for the Florida heat.


I finally purchased the Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome. This was the one that I simply bought out of a whim; I'd heard nothing about it, but have been on the lookout for more highlighting products...so why not?! And I'm so pleased that I did! Whilst I've tried very few highlighting products in my lifetime, I was very happy to finally find one with a gorgeous, as the name would state, slightly bronzy glow. The product itself is also easy to apply, blend out and feels super smooth on the skin. The only slight issue that I've come across with the Highlighting Dome is that due to it's size, it can be a little harder to apply to certain areas of the face. For example, I always apply highlight to my brow bone, and the thickness of this means that I end up applying a little more than usual - not a major problem, but one that I thought I'd highlight ;) 

Have you tried The Body Shop makeup? What would you recommend I try next?

Lots of Love
Share:

3 comments

  1. I've never tried many things from the body shop, but I've always wanted to try out their vitamin c skincare range as I've heard it's brilliant for your skin!

    Isobel x

    Latest post: http://goo.gl/obiI0B
    Latest Video: https://goo.gl/h1wuqJ
    Insta: https://goo.gl/WGxKx2
    Bloglovin: https://goo.gl/EG8OQW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely products, I wanted to try those thank you for sharing ^^

    www.itsbeyondimaginations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It *is* weird that they call it CC cream when they don't have color-correcting properties. I find that BB creams really do work best for people who already have good skin. It's just like a tinted moisturizer, so there's really not much to expect from it. I've used the one from Maybelline, though, and it surprisingly has good coverage. Still not as good as a foundation, but better than most BB creams.

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig