Friday 17 February 2017

Beauty Things I Suck At


Over the years I've learnt a fair bit about makeup - I find such pleasure in purchasing and trying out new products and learning new techniques. But I've also noticed there are a fair few things in the beauty world that I quite simply suck at! Some of those are things that I've tried doing over and over and just can't seem to hack, whereas the others aren't necessarily things that I suck at, but those that I should no doubt be paying more attention to!

Winged Liner
I feel as though this is one of those things that you've either got down to a tee or you just can't do whatsoever (no matter just how many times you practice). There are countless times that I've tried applying winged liner and not once has it gone to plan! One may look fine, but then the other one is sloped at a different angle or is much thicker or much longer. When this happens I end up trying to mend it by adding more product to the "good" eye, which ends up making that one thicker and longer than the other one. This is basically an endless cycle of adding more liner to fix the problem until the subtle winged liner that I was setting out to achieve is taking over half of my face! Every time!

Creating Different Eyeshadow Looks
You know, you sit there on YouTube watching an array of incredible makeup tutorials and set out to in some way emulate your favourite ones? So you grab your brushes, apply the shadows to your lids and it ends up looking nothing like it at all! For me it either looks exactly the same as it does any ol' day or it just seems as though there has been an eyeshadow explosion on my lids. I don't know whether it's the "techniques" I use, whether my brushes aren't up to par or whether I just simply suck at applying eyeshadow, but I can never get it to look just how incredible it looks on these tutorials!

Cleaning Makeup Brushes
Not necessarily something that I suck at, but rather something that I'm just far too lazy to do. I don't know what it is about cleaning makeup brushes, but I'd just rather be doing absolutely anything else. So that means that the vast majority of my brushes go a fair amount of time without being washed...disgusting, I know!

Checking The Expiry Dates
Again, not something that I suck at, and also not something that I plan on doing much either anyway, but I, like many others I can assume, never check the expiry dates on any of my makeup. In fact, I will keep any makeup product in my collection as long as it hasn't developed a nasty smell or is looking a little funky! After all, if I paid attention to the expiry dates, my beloved Naked 2 palette would've been thrown out over 2 years ago. It's still perfectly useable today with plenty of product left and obviously I wouldn't be chucking away a £39 palette after one year of use - insanity!! My one exception to this however is mascaras; there's nothing worse than a dry, clumpy mascara!

What beauty things do you suck at?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig