Friday 10 February 2017

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette Review


Until recently, let's say about a year ago, I wouldn't quite call myself a highlight fanatic. I'd maybe used the odd one or two here and there, but would generally skip the step out of my everyday makeup routine. Now fast forward to the current day and highlight is a step that I cannot miss out on a typical makeup wearing day and is most certainly one of those products that I enjoy purchasing and testing on a more regular basis than beforehand.

Around about six months ago, I would hear bloggers constantly raving about one high street highlighting palette, the Sleek Solstice palette. I held off for a little while, but eventually decided that due to the all the positivity surrounding this palette that I just needed it in my collection. Sleek are in general one of my favourite drugstore brands for contouring and blush products and at just £10 for four beautiful highlight shades, it is honestly a steal!



After owning this palette for a fair few months now, I would say I have a pretty good idea as to how this product works. Now the palette comes with three powder and one cream highlight and regardless of the fact I've had this palette for some time now, I've yet to try the cream highlight. I don't know, there's just something about cream highlights that really don't appeal to me! Am I the only one? 

But if we focus on the powder products, I have nothing but good things to say! At this current moment my absolute favourite would be the bottom right shade, the perfect highlight to give a slight bronzy glow...something I need on my extremely pale skin! I find that the yellow toned highlight works perfectly on my brow bone, also helping to clean up any harsh eyeshadow lines, whilst the purple highlight is incredible on my cheek bones, giving that beautiful healthy glow that is always beneficial. 

The pigmentation throughout all of these powders is incredible and the shimmer is absolutely stunning...definitely not glittery, which is something I personally despise in many makeup products. And the packaging and overall appearance of these highlights makes it seem much more high-end than it truly is - although the gold casing does pick up fingerprints easily, making it annoyingly quite dirty quite quickly.

What highlight products would you recommend? Have you tried the Sleek Solstice palette?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig