Wednesday 14 May 2014

Review // Are Cheap Moisturisers Any Good??


In the recent cold weather, I've found myself struggling to cope with my worsening dry skin, especially as before this year I've never had any major problems with my skin in terms of dryness. I will admit that I'm one of those people who has a very limited skincare routine, simply because I know very little about skincare products and the fact that most of the time, I actually can't be bothered! Also I prefer buying more makeup products as you can 100% see the effect it has on your skin, but during the last few months, my face makeup started to look terrible due to the increasingly worsening dry patches on my skin...so I had to go and try something new!



So I knew that I needed to start with a moisturiser - I know it's bad, I didn't moisturise beforehand...oops. Anyway, because my knowledge on anything and everything skincare is practically zero I decided that the best option not only for me, but for my purse, would be to pick up the cheapest option. I picked up the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser which happened to be half price at only £1.39 (it's currently on offer for £1.86), so saw this great deal as a sign to pick it up.
 
Now obviously for such a cheap moisturiser I wasn't expecting anything special. The packaging is pretty plain, but honestly I don't mind - it's not like I'm going to be flaunting it around to all my friends. One problem I do have with the packaging though is when it comes to getting the product out itself. Sometimes it can be quite hard to squeeze the product out, so I find myself ferociously shaking the bottle up and down until I can eventually squeeze some out...again this isn't a major problem considering how cheap the product is.
 
The product itself is just what I would call a bog-standard moisturiser; a white, creamy formula that happens to be very easy to blend into the skin. Also one thing I do know when it comes to skincare is that products are generally better for your skin when they contain no fragrance whatsoever and fortunately this one does not have any, yay!!
 
Okay so does this product actually work? After using it day and night (apart from the occasional time I may forget), I can honestly say it has improved the condition of my skin. My skin does occasionally get a little dry, especially around any acne that I may have, but overall my skin does feel much smoother, especially on my cheeks and forehead. I've also noticed on a few reviews on the Boots site that many other people with oily skin seem to rave about this product, so if you're looking for a new moisturiser this one will likely work for you, whatever type of skin you have!
 
For such a good price, I honestly can't fault this product. I'm hoping to pick up a few other products from their range to see if their any good as well and hopefully I'll be able to build up some kind of skincare routine that I can stick to. Also I really want a new spot cream which unfortunately this particular range doesn't carry, so if you know of a good one, please recommend!!
 
Have you ever tried anything from the Simply Sensitive range? What are your favourite skincare products?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

1 comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig