Wednesday 28 May 2014

Latest in Beauty // The BBB Dream Box


Last week, Latest in Beauty released a new beauty box in collaboration with Jane from BritishBeautyBlogger. This is her third box which she has released (the first time with LIB) and is by far the best beauty box I've ever seen...and the first one I've actually ever bought!
 
I have been debating as to whether I should start up a monthly subscription with the likes of Glossybox or Birchbox, but I'm always sceptical as I don't want to be spending money on something I may not necessarily like! LIB do not provide a monthly subscription service, but instead you can choose which boxes you want to purchase whenever you like and you actually get to see exactly what's in each box beforehand, making the decision easier, as you know whether you'll like it or not and whether it's worth the money!
 
Once I saw this box I knew I had to have it, as it contains over £100 worth of products for just £19.95 (with free delivery)! Unfortunately this box sold out in roughly 24 hours, but you could be in with the chance of winning one by clicking here!


Unfortunately my Roger & Gallet perfume sample smashed at some point during delivery so when I opened my box I was welcomed by sharp glass shattered everywhere. This is not too much of a problem though as I have been in touch with LIB and they are kindly sending me a new sample. Also on the plus side my box smells amazing!!

Anyway these are the products that came in the box with my initial thoughts of each item!

Kneipp Herbal Baths
There were two scents available with this product and I received the Mandarin and Orange scent. I've actually already used this last night because it smells so good and because I'm not planning on doing a review of this product, I can tell you that it's pretty good! I'm not sure if I'll end up purchasing one myself though because I generally don't use many bath products.
 
Bee Good Honey & Wild Water Mint Cleansing Water
I was in desperate need of a cleansing water so I'm glad that this was included within this box. It's a generous sample size and I can't wait to start using it and seeing if it makes any difference at all with the condition of my skin.
 
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water Spray
This particular product confused me quite a bit. It's actually a water spray which should be used within warmer weather and after exercise to help hydrate and soften the skin. This is also a sample, but it's the perfect size for travelling, so I shall definitely be taking this with me to Florida later this year and hopefully it'll work some magic.
 
Janjira Hand Wash
This hand wash was probably the product I was least excited for. It does smell great, but it's just a product I will leave in the bathroom for all my family to use most likely.
 
Elemis Treat Your Feet Foot Cream
Another sample size product has been provided in the form of a foot cream. My feet have recently been getting quite dry, especially on the heel of my foot, so I hoping that this foot cream will work some wonders!
 
Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream
I was so excited about receiving this product, as believe it or not, this is actually my first ever Benefit product! I've always wanted to try Benefit products as I've heard so many positive things about the brand but my student budget hasn't quite been able to afford their products. This is a perfect first Benefit product for me because my dark circles have been getting increasingly worse recently, so I hope this this helps to reduce the appearance of them. Also the mini packaging is absolutely adorable and I've heard that this sample should last quite a long time! I've already used it once and will be posting a review after a couple of weeks most likely in order to let the product have a chance.
 
L'Occitane Immortelle Divine Lotion
This is also one of those products that I wasn't that excited for. I have quite a few body lotions tucked away which I never use, mainly because I forget. I might end up giving this product to my Mum instead because I know she likes the brand. Other than that, I do think the packaging is adorable!
 

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
This product was definitely a great reason to purchase this box due to the fact that it costs £19 itself! I'd been wanting to try a Too Faced product forever, so seeing as I'd heard many positive things said about this mascara, I jumped at the chance to buy it. This full size mascara comes in a massive, bulky tube and it's supposed to give great volume and length, as well as curl your lashes so I can't wait to try it out and see if it does. I don't think I'm going to open this for a while yet though as I have many other mascaras in use which I don't want to dry out beforehand (and once you open a mascara, it will dry out sooner)!
 
REN Satin Perfection BB Cream
I'd been wanting to try a BB cream for a while so I was happy to see this product within the box. However I don't think this particular BB cream will be for me. I believe it's one of those products which is suppose to adapt to everyone's skin tone, however after swatching it, it seems waay too dark for my pale skin!
 
Essie Nail Polish
There were 6 different Essie shades on offer within this box; I received the shade Spin the Bottle which is a nude colour with a hint of light pink. It wasn't the shade I was hoping for but because it's a more natural colour, I might be able to get away with wearing it at work. I've never tried an Essie polish so I'm super excited to give this a whirl!
 
Makeup Revolution Awesome Eyeshadow & Eyebrow Palette
I've been eyeing up the Makeup Revolution website ever since it first went live a couple of months ago. I wanted to purchase a few products from their collection, but I held off. I'm glad I did because we were provided with a 25% off discount for their online store which I will definitely be using soon! Anyway, I received the eye shadow palette called Lock & Load. It contains some beautiful neutral colours, as well as a couple of purples and greens, both in matte and shimmery shades. I'm glad I received this palette as I'm aware that there were some brighter palettes on offer which I would definitely not have made much use of, however I can see myself creating many different looks with this palette! I also needed a new eyebrow powder, so hopefully the dark one provided here will be great for my brows.
 
Bourjois Cream Blush
I LOVE Bourjous products, but I've never tried a blush from their line. I've actually never even tried a cream blush before, so I was super excited that this was in the box. Mine came in the shade 01 Nude Velvet which is a beautiful subtle pinkish coral colour and this blush is perfect travel size.
 
Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G. Lipstick Sachet
We also received a sachet of Charlotte Tilbury lipstick whereby we have to "kiss" the lipstick. I received the shade So Marilyn which is a bright red. I'm planning on saving this for a more special occasion rather than wasting it now, as there's only one use available with this sample.
 
LOLA Make Up Kabuki Brush
I forgot to provide this in the bottom photo but we also received a Kabuki brush within this box. This, along with the Too Faced mascara, was the most expensive product provided. It costs £19 individually which is crazy, especially as I don't think I would ever spend that much on a brush, but because of this I'm expecting big things!

If you didn't manage to grab yourself this beauty box then make sure to keep up to date with LIB's collections, (which are always great value for money) and also Jane, to see any new collaborations she may do within the future! I will definitely be purchasing more!
Make sure to enter the giveaway if you haven't done so already and you may be lucky enough to win one of these boxes!

Did you manage to grab one of these boxes? What's your favourite product in this beauty box?

Lots of Love
Lizzie xx

Share:

5 comments

  1. Lucky you! I feel envious now. So many cool stuff packed into that box.
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky to be able to get one before they sold out...I was going to wait to purchase it they next day but obviously glad I didn't! Hopefully you can get your hands on the next one that comes out, you wouldn't be disappointed! Sorry you didn't get one though!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed!

    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! Definitely going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Unfortunately it sold out within about 24 hours :(

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig