Saturday 13 December 2014

The 12 Days of Blogmas is Here! / The Christmas Tag

 
So Christmas Day is nearing and that means only one thing in the blogging world...Blogmas!! Now I'm aware that many of you are blogging every day leading up to December aka. Blogmas, but as I was aware that I would be extremely busy with university during the first half of December, I knew that I just couldn't commit to that. Instead, now that I'm in my uni holiday, I've decided to do something called 'The 12 Days of Blogmas", where I will be blogging for the 12 days leading up to Christmas!
 


As this is the first day, I thought the best thing to do was the Christmas
Tag! Now, I haven't been tagged by anyone to do this...but that doesn't mean I can't do it! I thought it would be a great way for people to find out about what I love over the Christmas season and personally I love reading these, so make sure to leave a link to yours if you've already done this tag!

So let's go!

1. What is your favourite Christmas Movie/s?
They're not necessarily Christmas movies, but around Christmas time I always watch The Wizard of Oz and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. They don't seem to be on TV any other time of the year so I always have to watch them in December...classics. I also love The Grinch, The Holiday and Elf.

2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
I've always opened my presents on Christmas morning, except for once when we opened them Christmas evening! I'm one of those people who cannot open a single present before Christmas Day. I love trying to guess what the ones under the tree are, but I refuse to open any!

3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?
I don't have a particular memory that stands out, but personally I love putting up the Christmas tree. Every year, we'll play some Christmas music really loud and put the decorations up. It puts me in the Christmassy mood and I always reflect on previous Christmases and the memories that me and my family made.

4. Favourite festive food?
I'm a lover of pigs in blankets, stuffing and sausage meat...basically all the unhealthy stuff in a Christmas dinner!

5. Favourite Christmas gift?
This is a very hard question for me. I don't really ask for very big gifts and I'm as equally appreciative of everything that I receive. I love those sentimental gifts though that required some sort of thought and I'm sure I've received concert tickets and also ones relating to upcoming holidays. I love those that I know will lead to a great experience and/or adventure!

6. Favourite Christmas scent? 
I know that a lot of people mention certain candles or Christmas dinner, but my favourite scent would definitely be the smell of my Christmas tree on the day that we put it up! Once I put it up, I know that Christmas is nearing! Is that strange??

7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? 
We don't really have any particular Christmas Eve traditions, however there have been a few Christmas Eve's where me and my family will sit down to watch a movie(s).

8. What tops your tree? 
Every year, our family has a Santa that tops our tree. We've had it since I can remember...probably before I was born!

9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for but never received? 
It was probably some sort of animal, like a dog or pony or giraffe...to be honest, I still mess around and ask for a dog, even though there is zero chance that I will ever get one haha!

10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?
The best part about Christmas is just being with all of my family and being able to spend the day with them all. Although I have a relatively small family, there are few times when we can all be together, so that's easily the best thing!

What's your favourite thing about Christmas?
Have you done this tag yet?

Lots of Love
Share:

9 comments

  1. That's such a nice idea to blog the 12 days leading up to Christmas!! I am just like you! I cannot open presents before Christmas Day! It just doesn't feel right haha!
    I have done this tag as well on my blog if you are interested!!:)X

    http://for-my-love-of-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the idea, I just didn't have time to do the first half of Blogmas so I thought this was a great alternative. No, it doesn't feel right in the slightest, I never understood when my friends opened them before, always seemed sooo strange to me!
      I'll definitely be popping over to your blog!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Stuffing has to be the best part of the festive food, the Christmas dinner just tops off the day ;)

    Alice x
    alzgalz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! It's just so yummy!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. I love reading tags. I really like this one. I like The Grinch too. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! The Grinch is just a Christmas classic...great film!]

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. Growing up I always used to watch the Wizard of Oz as well, but always forget to mention it as a favorite because of all the other Christmas movies! I hope that you have a great break from uni, I just started mine as well and couldn't be happier about being done exams! Can't wait to read the rest of Blogmas.

    Becky, x // http://undertheseabeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of those good classic movies! Yeah, I nearly forgot about it as well, especially as it's not necessarily related to Christmas too!
      Thanks, busy break as I have a lot of course work, but hope you have a fantastic break too!
      Ahh happy to hear! Thank you :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. Glad you enjoyed! Having a great day thank you :)

    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig