Friday 19 December 2014

Christmas Makeup / The 12 Days of Blogmas #7

As it's finally setting in that it's is so close, I've been thinking about how to do my makeup on Christmas Day. I decided to go for a relatively simple look as I'm only spending the day with my family, but because it's Christmas I had to make sure that I had a bold red lip! Obviously it might be possible that I won't be using every single item listed on the day, but so far this is what I can definitely image myself using...most if not all of these products will be used! It does depends if I get some makeup on the day though.
 



 
 


 Products used:
- Real Tenchiques Core Collection
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation
- Maybelline Instant Anti-Age The Eraser Eye
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
- Sleek Face Form Palette in Fair
- Rimmel Brow This Way in Dark Brown
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Brush (came with Naked 2)
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in On And On Bronze
- Too Faced Natural Eyes Palette
- Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner
- Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Max Factor False Lash Effect in Black Brown (for bottom lashes)
- Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in In Love With Ginger

After looking at this, it makes me realise just how much makeup I can use at one time. It's absolutely crazy!! But I did go for a relatively simple makeup look.
 
For my face, I chose the Bourjois foundation mainly because it doesn't have any SPF, therefore it won't photograph awkwardly at night time when the flash is needed, as I'm sure we'll be taking a lot of pictures on Christmas Day. I then used my two favourite concealers, which seems to be favourites among many bloggers! I also made sure to contour my face using the bronzer, blush and highlight (which I do have to say isn't showing up great in the photos) in the Sleek Face Form palette...a must for every girl in my opinion!
 
For my eyes, I was initially going to have a very smoky eye, but because it's Christmas and I need to have a red lip, I decided to tone it down a little. I wanted to make sure that I incorporated gold eyeshadow into this look, as gold is one of the typical Christmas colours. So I used the shades Nudie, Honey Pot and Sexspresso from my Too Faced palette, along with a color tattoo as a base and the Urban Decay Primer...I never realised the importance of primer until I received this for my birthday recently. I then used my favourite liner and a nude eyeliner to make myself look a little more awake, and obviously mascara. The Better Than Sex mascara is one of my favourites! For my eyebrows, I used the Rimmel Brow This Way, which I do really like, however I'm having problems using it right now as my right eyebrow just does not seem to cooperate at the moment!
 
And then finally for the lip, I had to go for a red lip product and in this case I chose the Rimmel Moisture Renew, which is one of my favourite lip products ever! If you want to have a look at my red lipstick collection, you can here!

Remember to enter my beauty giveaway if you haven't done so yet! ENTER HERE!
 
How are you doing your makeup this Christmas?
Are you wearing the traditional red lip?
 
Lots of Love
Share:

2 comments

  1. A really classic and simple makeup, love it! Is your hair colour your own? its so nice :)

    Barely There Beauty // UK Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, definitely what I was trying to achieve!
      Ahh thanks, yes it's completely my own :) Haven't dyed it once!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig