Wednesday 24 December 2014

One Outfit, Two Ways / The 12 Days of Blogmas #12

So it's the 12th day of the 12 Days of Blogmas and I can't quite believe I've managed to blog every single day! To some degree I doubted that I'd be able to do it, as I sometimes struggle putting two posts up a week, but I'm so happy that I've achieved it! These twelve days have been such a boost for not only my blog (in terms of stats), but also for me. All of the great comments that I receive from each and every post motivates me to continue blogging and to continuously improve and learn new things. This month has really been the best month for my blog and me as a whole, so thank you to anyone who took the time to read even one post! Thank you!
 
 
As this is the final day of Blogmas as Christmas is tomorrow...yes I know, crazy?! I decided that I would blog about one of my favourite things. Fashion. If you've been on my blog over the last few weeks, you may have seen that I've started posting more fashion related posts than I previously had been a few months ago. This is mainly because I've now enlisted my mum as my photographer (haha), as I felt that my blog was something I was proud of and have finally started telling more people, but also because fashion is one of my main passions, and my interest in it is continuously increasing. I know that compared to many other bloggers, my style in no way has that unique flair, but this is my little corner of the internet where I feel that, although not always different, I can share what I've been loving with others and maybe someone will in one way or another benefit from that.

 


 
Top - New Look
Skirt - New Look
Necklace - Forever 21
Shoes - Dune
Kimono - New Look
Coat - New Look
 
Firstly, can we just appreciate that this is my first outfit in the last couple of months where I'm not wearing jeans, or boots! This is because today's outfit is more of a festive going out/formal look. But I am wearing a lot of things from New Look...nothing new here!
As it's a Christmas party look, I feel that there should be sequins and glitter somewhere in here, but personally, I don't particularly like wearing either of those things, so to put it in a post that is supposed to reflect my style just wouldn't be right. Plus, I don't really own anything that would be useful in the glitter and sequins department.
 
For the basics, I kept with this white chiffon cami top tucked into a black textured skater skirt - I would usually wear tights too, but obviously it wouldn't look the best with my choice of shoes. The great thing is that this is such an easy look to recreate, as both of these products can be found pretty much anywhere. I also added this gorgeous layered gold coin necklace which I kept as my only accessories due to the fact that it's quite a statement piece. If only it hadn't shifted slightly whilst taking these pictures! Finally I grabbed my black cut-out heels, tied up with a little ribbon. These heels were actually the shoes I wore to my prom 3 and a half years ago. They're currently the only item I own from Dune, as I feel that Dune is quite expensive, but I remember getting them for a super amazing price...better than half price!
 
For the first look, I paired the outfit with this beautiful light green kimono which I found in the sales and received recently for my birthday. I can't tell you how cold I was taking these pictures haha! It's a pretty long kimono with a lovely fringe trim and it also has this gorgeous almost floral print all over in this subtle velvet material. Strange, as I don't like velvet! Kimono's are the perfect item to spice up a plain outfit, and although they're generally a spring/summer item, you could definitely still pull them out in the winter...as long as there's heating!
 
Finally, for the second look, I added my beautiful dusty pink oversized coat. You may have already seen this in a previous OOTD, but I simply cannot put it down! I love how this coat makes the outfit look a little more classic and effortless. I'm also obsessed with the texture, not so much the touch of it, but just how it looks to the eye. This is by far my favourite piece in my wardrobe at the moment! I'm also planning on doing a coat collection sometime after Christmas so let me know in the comments below if you would be interested in seeing something like that!
 
What have you been wearing to your Christmas parties this season?
 
Remember to check out some of my other 12 Days of Blogmas posts and beauty giveaway too!
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
 
Lots of Love
 
 
 
Share:

15 comments

  1. Lovely outfit, cute shoes :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them both, hope you had a nice christmas!

    xx danielle // shades of danielle // bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I had a great Christmas thanks, hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years too!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. Both such lovely outfit, and that pink coat is gorgeous!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks! It's so beautiful, can't go wrong with New Look right now :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks :) They really are beautiful...I need to wear them more haha!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. Such a beauty Lizzie, you look fab x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It certainly is...I don't really put it down, like ever!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  7. Congrats on completing the 12 days of blogmas, that's amazing! I really love your coat!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thanks, really didn't know if I could do it as I'm so busy, but I'm so happy I did! I think it's made me love blogging even more :) It's gorgeous, want every colour imaginable!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  8. Ah thanks :) Glad you like it!

    Lizzie xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig