Monday 15 December 2014

The Perfect Christmas Lip / The 12 Days of Blogmas #3

As the special day is coming ever so near, it's time to start thinking about one of those beauty essentials...a red lip! I personally don't own many red lip products (I've been buying a lot more neutral products recently), but I had a little look at all of my makeup and found these 4 hidden in my collection, so I'll be telling you what I think of each and every one of them. The thing I love about all of these is that they're all super affordable, ranging in price from £1 to £7.99, meaning there's definitely something for every budget.
 


 
Left: MUA Power Pout in Runway, Right: MUA Lipstick in Shade 13 

First of all, excuse the odd facial expressions, but the first lip product is one of the MUA Power Pouts, which is actually a lip balm sort of product rather than a lipstick. I believe I bought this for about £2.50, so it's super duper cheap, but it's probably my least favourite of all of my red lip products. First of all, it is a decent product, but the colour of the product is more pinky than red when on the lips. This isn't necessarily a problem, but I bought this product with the intention of getting a red lip rather than a pink. Also, I do find that the product feels a little greasy when it's on my lips...sort of like I've just eaten a greasy pizza. Not what I really want to feel. And finally, the product is relatively sheer and not very buildable like a lot of other products...I think I'll stick to Revlon when it comes to balms.
 
On the opposite side is MUA £1 lipstick. I absolutely love these in general, and for £1 who can complain! This red shade is what I would describe as a typical red shade, perfect for the Christmas season. Also these lipsticks in general are very, very pigmented. One layer and you're good to go! But they do have a tendency to get on my teeth throughout the day...not the best look!
 
Left: Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon, Right: Rimmel Moisture Renew in In Love With Ginger
 
I found the Revlon Lip Butter to be quite similar to the Revlon Power Pout in terms of colour, in the way that it comes out a slightly more pink, which again wasn't necessarily what I was wanting. But with these, I found that the colour was much more buildable and they keep my lips extremely moisturised and glossy. On the other hand though, I find that I have to keep reapplying Revlon lip butters throughout the day...maybe I accidently keep eating it because it smells like chocolates oops! These are great alternatives if you're looking for sheerer lip.
 
Finally I have the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick which I am obsessed with. As the shade name would suggest, this is a very orange toned red, which may sound a little odd, but it looks gorgeous on the lips. They stay on the lips for a very, very long time and again as the name would suggest, keeps my lips super moisturised throughout the day!
If you would like to WIN this lipstick, then checkout my beauty giveaway here, where you can win this alongside a load of other beauty goodies!
 
Make sure to keep your eye out for my Christmas makeup look very soon, to see which lipstick I chose to wear on Christmas day!
 
What is your favourite red lip to rock?
Any recommendations on what I should try next?
 
Lots of Love
 

Share:

4 comments

  1. Gorgeous colours of lipstick! I'm obsessed with lipsticks at the moment, especially red, so you may have me tempted by some of these, especially the £1 MUA one! At the moment I've been wearing a No. 7 Moisture Drench lipstick a lot which is red, but not too red for daily wear.
    Sian xx Rebel Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely get the MUA one, and at £1 you can't exactly go wrong!
      Ooh, I'll have to have a look. Always on the lookout for some new lipsticks!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. nothing screams Christmas louder than a gorgeous red lip, that's for sure!! they all loo amazing on you. if you like the Revlon lip butters you should try cherry tart, that is also a gorgeous red!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! Ahh thanks, I thought I was pulling pretty strange faces in all the pictures haha!
      I'll definitely have a look, I can't say no to a good lip butter!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig