Tuesday 23 December 2014

Red Polish Collection / The 12 Days of Blogmas #11

 
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; I can't believe how close Christmas actually is! With this special day looming ever so near, you may start to think which nail polish you want to wear. If you're simple like myself, then you'll just go for the classic red. So although I don't have very many nail polishes (as I can't paint my nails for work) I thought it would be a good idea to show you all of my red drugstore polishes and talk about each individual one.


1. Models Own Polish in Scarlett Sparkle
Out of all of my red polishes, this one is certainly the most Christmassy, as it has that gold glitter running all the way through. However, I just haven't really gotten along with this nail polish. I'm personally not a huge fan of the packaging, but I think the main reason is because I don't have the patience to wait around for nail polishes to dry (I end up finding other things I need to do) and this one takes considerably longer than most of the others in my collection. It does leave my nails looking beautiful and festive, and if I don't end up smudging them whilst waiting for the polish to dry, then they do stay on my nails for a very long time without chipping. If you have the patience unlike myself, I would definitely recommend!
 
2. Rimmel Salon Pro By Kate Moss in Mars
This shade is what I would refer to as a traditional red. It leaves a gorgeous glossy finish after applying two coats, and last on my nails for well over a week with no chips. One downside of this product for me as well is the packaging...it looks as though I'm not a fan of the chunky packaging of nail polishes. But even though I'm not the biggest fan of the packaging, I can't deny how incredible the product itself actually is, so will continue to repurchase one I've run out!
 
3. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Kook-a-Mango
This is one of my all time favourite nail polishes, and would you believe I found it in Poundland! It's a beautiful reddish, coral colour, but more suitable for the spring and summer in my opinion. One of the great things about this polish is the brush; it's quite large and applies the product on smoothly and evenly. This polish also dries quite quickly and takes usually a week to start chipping. I'd definitely keep your eye out for these in Poundland...I've bought many, many more since discovering them!
 
4. Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Nail Paint in Pomegranate
I don't think there's really too much to say about this nail polish. Everyone and their dog seem to have tried Barry M polishes! I currently have the gorgeous shade Pomegranate (which you can also win in my giveaway). I do find that they do take quite a while to dry, but the finish that they leave is absolutely gorgeous, obviously as the name would state, leaves a "hi shine". Also I find that because the product is relatively thick, it means that the product lasts a very long time!
 
5. Seventeen High Gloss
For so long I lived off Seventeen nail polish. I thought they were the best nail polishes out there, and because I didn't have much money, wasn't willing to pay for some more expensive ones out there. Once I discovered other nail polishes, I started to realise that these weren't actually that good. I find that yes, as the name would suggest, they give a nice shine, but this product chips so, so easily. Also I find that any of the Seventeen polishes which aren't within the Fast Finish range take forever to dry! Again, I'm not the most patient person!
 
Remember to enter my giveaway if you would like to win the Rimmel and Barry M nail polishes, along with many, many more products! ENTER HERE!
 
What are your favourite red nail polishes?
 
Lots of Love
Share:

4 comments

  1. oh the models own one is so pretty!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the prettiest colours out of them all...I'm just too impatient for it to dry :(

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. I love the look of the Models Own shade but I'm not very patient either! The Rimmel one is lovely too :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of the nicest shades, but if you're impatient too then I wouldn't recommend it! Glad I'm not the only one haha! Would definitely recommend getting the Rimmel one though :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig