Tuesday 24 May 2016

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors | Review


If you're up to date with all things beauty, then you've more than likely heard of the Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors. These initially came out in the US last year and fortunately arrived in the UK earlier this year! When they did, I just knew I had to pick some up, especially since Revlon make some of my absolute favourite lip products. They retail for £8.99 each and there are 7 shades in total to choose from. After some time, I eventually managed to grab three of them last month and have so had plenty of time to test them out and give you my absolutely honest review. 



Let me just start off with the packaging. Holy moly, do I love this packaging! I think it's great that you can see the actual colour of each product, a great benefit for those who live in countries where testers in the drugstore are pretty much non-existent. But the packaging to me feels sleek and clean; and whilst a little bulky, although some may view that negatively, I actually quite like it.

The shades which I opted for were Seduction (a classic nude shade), Devotion (an everyday pink shade) and Addiction (a deep berry shade); all of which swatches can be viewed below.


From top to bottom: Seduction, Devotion, Addiction. Left images reveal the finish straight after application, right images reveal the finish after 45-60 minutes.

Something that I'd heard consistently about these particular lip products was the fact that when applied, they're actually not matte. So I wanted to do a before and after comparison within this review. The swatches on my hand clearly show three extremely glossy formulas and that is also evidently picked up within the lip swatches on the left-hand side. Although it is marketed as a matte lip colour and obviously those who opt to purchase these are most likely looking for a matte product, I personally do like the glossy finish that they initially give. However, the swatches on the right-hand side are there for comparison. I left each product on my lips for roughly 45-60 minutes to show you the mattifying effect of each colour. 

It is worth noting that whilst these are extremely glossy when first applied, dependent on the shade, I found that they transformed to either a matte or semi-matte type of finish. The nude shade of the collection, Seduction, has been a clear favourite for me. If you've yet to get your hands on the ever so popular Kylie Jenner Lip Kits like myself, from what I've seen, this one when it's mattified appears to be a pretty close dupe to Dolce K. Of the three shades, this one seems to matte down the most. Devotion is a perfect everyday pink colour; at least for me. As you'll be able to see, after some time it does eventually give off a matte effect, but not so much as Seduction. Addiction on the other hand, the most daring of these three shades, tends to leave a semi-matte finish. Could it be possible that the darker shades may not give the full matte effect?

All in all though, I really love these lip colours. The pigmentation is absolutely incredible and the smell is a great added bonus. The lasting power like most lip products is better with the darker shades, but I'm not one to moan at reapplication. They can however wear off quite unevenly, specifically leaving product around the edges of my lips. Just something to be aware of. And although I find that the darker shades are a little harder to apply too, with some slight feathering occurring as well, I personally can't find any significant faults with these products as a whole and would highly recommend each and every one of them.

If you're looking for a product that's going to give you fuss free application and an (eventually) matte finish, maybe consider purchasing the lighter shades, such as seduction. If you're looking for something that is going to give a completely matte finish from start to end, then maybe skip these; the packaging is a little misleading. 

Lots of Love
Share:

5 comments

  1. The colours look lovely! I'm not 100% sold on them if they don't matte straight away and I hate the patchy wear off but I'll definitely look into these the next time I'm looking to treat myself to some lip products :)

    Sarah xo // See The Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first shade is so beautiful, saw these in boots yesterday and they didn't have that shade, I want it!

    Just Little Things

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lip colours are so pretty! Addiction looks like such a gorgeous shade, I love berry tones :)

    El xxx

    www.elsfashionfix.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh I love the nude shade! It looks lovely you really suit it. I like the idea its glossy and slowly goes matte as some products feel too dry straight away. I'm gonna have to pick up the nude shade now haha xxx

    Beth | Polishedcouture.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Devotion looks really pretty & I'll pick that one first

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig