Saturday 19 April 2014

What Would I Wear #1 // Coachella

 
I'm pretty sure that unless you've been hiding under a rock recently, then you know that Coachella has been taking place these past two weekends. Now, one of the great things about Coachella for me is the style. I love the bohemian vibe that Coachella gives and it's honestly 100% my style...if only I could live in California and dress like this everyday, sigh. So it got me thinking, what would I actually wear if I had the chance to go to Coachella? After a bit of searching the web, I can across these gorgeous pieces and now, I pretty much want to own all these - why do I do this to myself?!
 

When it comes to the boho style, Vanessa Hudgens is definitely my #1 inspiration. She pulls off every look to a tee and unlike many stars who go to Coachella this is actually her everyday style, so it never looks as though she's trying too hard compared to everyone else - am I right?? So even though this is what I'd wear to Coachella/a festival, the inspiration for this entire outfit has definitely come from her because pieces I've seen her wear before have been quite similar.
 
The first thing I knew that I'd want to wear would be a floral kimono. Personally I love florals for the Spring (pretty much any season actually) and this particular one just screamed out at me. I was initially going to pick out some floral shorts, but because I had to pick this kimono, that was out of the picture - I'm not the best at mixing prints! Instead I picked these gorgeous high-waisted, slightly acid wash denim shorts...always a simple option. I though that for the top, this black crochet crop top would go perfectly and at £9.99 it's such a steal - I'm seriously considering picking one up! For shoes I picked this simple pair of thong sandals. I've actually been looking for a pair similar to these for a while now and may have to make a trip up to a Topshop pretty soon wink wink.
 
As for accessories, I decided to go with these gold layered necklaces. I personally love the layered jewellery look and think it gives a lot more of a boho, relaxed feel to the outfit. I also picked this ring (which I believe is a midi ring). Personally I would wear a lot more rings, but this particular one is just an example of the types of rings that I like and would choose to wear to a festival. I then finally picked out this black bucket bag. I love the simplicity of the bag, but the best thing about it in my opinion are the tassels, which again I think give it a much more bohemian look, especially as I haven't chosen any items with fringe on them...shame on me!!
 
Top - H&M (£9.99) // Shorts - Miss Selfridge (£30) // Kimono - 2020Ave ($13) // Sandals - Topshop (£18) // Necklaces - PacSun (£6.92) // Bag - Swell ($44.99) // Ring - Miss Selfridge (£5)
 
I hope you enjoyed this look - that's pretty much my spring/summer style in a nutshell! I'm planning on doing things like this more often, so make sure to comment down below if you liked this and would maybe like to see more!
 
What would you wear to a festival?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

6 comments

  1. I love Vanessa Hudgens! Her instgram makes me cry with jealousy. Love the bag. May have to purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, literally want everything she has :(
      It is a really cute bag, I wouldn't blame you!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. That Kimono is gorge! Love this whole outfit! xoxo

    gemstrends.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so beautiful! Wish I could afford to buy this entire outfit, haha!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. Love all your items - the ring and the bag are my favourite! It is my dream to go to Coachella one day :)

    http://www.filthypaws-and-silkydrawers.blogspot.com/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) They are pretty gorgeous!
      We can dream together haha!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig