Monday 28 April 2014

Things Are Heating Up // Haul

Over the Easter break, I spent a large chunk of my time focussing on coursework. As a little reward to myself, I decided that the best thing for me to do would be a little shopping...aka spending money I don't have. I've picked up some really great things for the upcoming summer from Forever 21, New Look, H&M and Boots - we can only hope that at some point it gets a little warmer here in England!
 

As far as beauty goes, I've managed to pick up 4 items. First of all, I was in great need of a new moisturiser to help me deal with my incredibly dry skin so I picked up the Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser. I have very little knowledge when it comes to skincare and the only reason I  picked this one up is because it was half price - can't say no to a great deal!!
 

Now onto the makeup. As I'm sure you probably know, Boots have their 3-for-2 deal back on. I initially went in just to grab a new Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but just couldn't say no to this deal. As I'd been wanting to try it out for soooo long, I also grabbed the Maybelline Baby Skin Primer which I can't wait to use a little more. Then for a third item I picked up the Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Lips. These have intrigued me since they were released not long ago, and after seeing positive reviews from other bloggers I couldn't resist! I picked the shade Capella which is a bright pinky-purple colour!
I am planning to do reviews on all of these products in the near future (except for the concealer), so keep your eyes pealed!

 
Over these two weeks, I've managed to limit myself to two accessories - sort of. First of all I picked up this pack of four pairs of gold and silver animal earrings. I thought these were quite unique and for £1 I honestly couldn't not get these! I also grabbed this pair of round black sunglasses - they're what I like to call my Harry Potter glasses! After seeing Niomi Smart wear some similar to these I knew that I had to have some for myself, however I managed to find a cheaper pair than her River Island ones in these New Look ones, which were only £5!! Why not grab some for yourself??
 

 One item which I am extremely excited about...my very first skort! Whilst browsing the New Look site, I found this gorgeous mint green skort and knew that I had to have it! It has this beautiful neon pink floral print which I do have to say looked a lot more subtle online, so I was surprised when I opened the package...pleasantly surprised. I think it's going to be one of those items that people either love or hate especially as it is quite short and the print is quite out there in person...but these are soooo comfortable!!
 
Now onto Forever 21. For a couple of months, I've been wanting a pair of flowy floral shorts and Forever 21 has some of the cutest ones out there...but I didn't get any. My first two choices had actually sold out of my size online - just my luck. So instead I decided to grab this purple multi-coloured tribal print one. It is probably the most flattering pair of shorts I own (probably because of the thick waistband holding in my stomach) and they honestly feel like I'm wearing pyjamas...what's not to love!?!?


I also grabbed a few tops for myself from Forever 21. Firstly, I decided to get this black and white striped crop top, which is pretty much out of my comfort zone, but for £5.50 I knew I had to get it and I WILL make sure to get decent wear from it this summer. I also grabbed this black lace bralette. The main reason I decided to get this was to wear under the top that I bought (which you can see down below). I obviously will not be wearing this on it's own as it is very sheer, but it is perfect for layering under tops.


Finally, I picked up this white crochet trim top. This is honestly what my Forever 21 haul was based around. I've been wanting a top like this for donkeys years and like many other things I bought, I had to have it when I saw it. Other than the beautiful crochet trim, the one this I love sooo much with this top is the back (which I could not get a great photo of so check it out online). It has a very open, slouchy back with a single strap going down. As mentioned previously, this looks super cute paired with the bralette - I've already worn this combination multiple times.

Links
Sunglasses // Skort // Tribal Shorts // Crop Top // Bralette // Crochet Top
 
What was your favourite thing from my haul? Have you bought any fashion or beauty items recently?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

11 comments

  1. Abso love everything you've got, cheeky boots 3 for 2 eh! I'm desperate to try the jelly lips thing too.
    I had a but of a fashion splurge on Saturday, I recently posted about it. ;)

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Can't say no to these deals, although my purse isn't happy with me right now!
      I'll be doing a review of the gelly lips soon, so keep your eyes pealed for that!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Baby skin is an amazing primer :) I use it over and over again! However i'm very intrigued about the jelly lips, they are something I might have to try.

    lizzieharrisonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    @sometimesclumsy

    Lizzie :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used it a few times, but will be doing a review on it very soon! Will also be doing a review on the gelly lips, so look out for that if you're interested in buying one!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. The perfect way to reward yourself! Love these products.

    Krissie x - http://pearlsofstyle.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! Guess I made some good choices then, thanks!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. I have the similar sunglasses and i love them! you got some lovely bits xx

    http://beckysbeautyfix.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't deal with how great they are. Need the sun to come out a little bit more so I have more of a chance to wear them! Thank you :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. Those aztec shorts are so cute!

    Angi~
    iidifferentworlds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They are pretty adorable!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig