Sunday 6 April 2014

Girls Night Out! FOTN & OOTN

A couple days ago, a few friends of mine came to stay with me at uni. As it was one of our friends birthday's we obviously all went out and being the typical blogger, I saw this as an opportunity to do both an OOTN and an FOTN for you to read. Both the makeup and outfit are relatively simple and easy for anyone to recreate!!
 
 

For my face I first applied my Max Factor Whipped Crème Foundation. This is my go-to foundation when going out as it gives a high coverage and contains no SPF, so I don't look awkwardly white in pictures (which has definitely happened to me before)! I then applied my Seventeen Phwoarr Concealer under my eyes and my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to any blemishes I had...quite a few at the time! For powder I simple used the Collection Pressed Powder in Translucent which helps to set my foundation and concealer. Next I applied another foundation, not for the reason you'd think, but actually for bronzer. This was the MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation in a shade which is waaay to dark for me but is perfect to use as a bronzer as it is easy to contour. The last product I applied to my skin was my Seventeen Blush in First Kiss to add a bit of rosiness to my cheeks.
Next, for my eyebrows I actually used a dark brown shade from my Sleek Au Natural Palette as this matches my eyebrows more so than other eyebrow products I've used...what will I do when I run out!?! For my eye shadow I applied my Maybelline Color Tattoo in On And On Bronze as a base, then using the colours Chopper, Tease, Snakebite and YDK from my much loved Naked 2 Palette. For eyeliner I applied a thin black line of the Models Own Kohl Eyeliner Pencil all along the top and halfway along the bottom of my lids, then applying Maybelline's The Colossal Mascara to add length and volume to my lashes. On my lips is the Max Factor Colour Collections Lipstick in Pink Brandy which I thought perfectly complimented the colour of my dress!!
Expect to see a tutorial in the near future for this eye look and make sure to tell me if that's something you would be interested to see in the comments below!
 
 
 Before I get onto my outfit, I'd just like to mention what I decided to do with my hair. I'm pretty much one of the laziest people when it comes to my hair - I just don't have the patience! I straightened my pretty much already straight hair (as my hair just can't seem to hold a curl) and clipped back two pieces of hair from the front of my face!
 
Dress - New Look
Shoes - Deichmann
Belt - Primark
Tights - Tesco
 
My outfit for the night was pretty simple. I've been in love with this dress ever since I bought it in the sales from New Look after Christmas and have yet had the chance to wear it, until now. It's a simple, almost slip-like dress in this beautiful cobalt blue colour. This is in a chiffon material, however it is not sheer in the slightest and is also the perfect length for someone tall like myself. It also has a little strap in the back, creating a little cut-out, which I think is a super cute feature to the dress. This dress is perfect as it can be worn casually in the summer or on a night out...like I have done here. To make this dress a little more shall we say dressy, I added a plain black belt from Primark which cost me the fortune of £1!! It definitely helps to create more shape than if I was to not wear a belt by cinching in at my waist.
I then have some thin black tights from Tesco on as it was a little chilly and then because I wore tights I had to choose a shoe with a closed toe. I settled for my black lace up heeled booties that I bought from Deichmann yonks ago - they owe me absolutely nothing now that I've worn them so much!
 
What do you think of my outfit and makeup choices? What's your go-to outfit for a girl's night out?
Thank you for reading!
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx

Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely look. The blue colour really suits you
    http://alittlebitofjenn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much :) The colour really is beautiful!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig