Friday 15 December 2017

Top 3 Christmas Red Lips


As we roll ever so close to Christmas day, the red lips are certainly coming out in full force. I'm a big lover of a red lip for the festive season, as I'm sure many of you are too, but since making the decision to go cruelty-free, I've since realised how few products I actually own from cruelty-free brands. However, after having a scrummage through my entire collection, I managed to find some absolute gems; some which I have well and truly used and abused and others that I'm only just beginning to find love for.


Let's get this one out of the way since you can't actually buy it anymore, but when it comes to lipglosses, the Fleur de Force range is one of my favourites. It's gutting, but I pretty much just found out the entire collection has been discontinued. Maybe it's because she's not as "big" as some of the other YouTubers with beauty ranges and therefore her products haven't sold as well, but with that said, her makeup products were always incredible quality in my opinion, and this lipgloss is certainly no different. It's a relatively thick lipgloss, super creamy and incredibly pigmented, something I find lacking in the majority of lipglosses I've previously tried. And the colour, it's a true Christmas red! The gloss is not overly sticky, as in it doesn't feel tacky on the lips, but as with many lipglosses, my hair does have a tendency to stick to it - the pain of wearing lipgloss on a windy day, ay!

How about something you can easily get a hold of? KIKO has this year become one of my go-to brands; I've found such a range of incredible products from the brand which have become staples in my everyday makeup routine. It's fair to say I have a pretty expansive lip product collection, but something I find myself gravitating towards more and more these days are the KIKO Ultra Glossy Stylos. This Soft Red shade isn't your classic Christmas red, more of a red with a pinkish tinge, but it's truly beautiful and unlike any other shade I own. I also love how moisturising and long-lasting the product is, but what's more important is that when it does eventually wear down, it wears down evenly!

Last but not least, after recently receiving the most dreamy Ted Baker gift set for my birthday last month, I've become obsessed with the Ted Baker Tinted Lip Balms. These aren't sold individually, however there's a variety of beautiful and fairly prices Ted Baker gift sets featuring these lovely balms for sale this Christmas. I do have to admit, I've not yet worn this red shade (I'm obviously saving it for a special occasion), but I have worn the nude shade numerous times and am in love with the formulation. I'm definitely more into the slightly glossier products right now and I love how these lip balms feel on the lips; similarly to the KIKO Stylos they're extremely moisturising and creamy too. After swatching the product, this red is very much a traditional Christmas red and very buildable in colour too! Oh, and let's not forget the gorgeous packaging; it's very reminiscent to Charlotte Tilbury, don't you think?

What's your go-to Christmas red lip product?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig