Monday 11 December 2017

Walking In A Winter Wonderland


I'm sure you're well and truly aware, but winter has certainly arrived here in the UK! A blessing and curse all at once, it seems as though us in the Midlands and those in Wales have gotten the brunt of the snow this time around. There's so much to love about the snow, yet I despise it all at the same time.

I love how Christmassy the snow makes me feel, especially in the run-up to the special day; I love seeing how happy all the kids are, knowing that they're able to spend the day sledding and making snowmen, and the fashion; I love being able to pull out my chunkiest scarves, oversized coats and wooly hats; I absolutely love it all!

But at the same time I'm absolutely terrified; terrified of slipping on the ice, as well as driving on it too! I'm sure many countries who receive feet upon feet of the stuff are probably laughing at how us Brits handle the situation - cancelling schools, having days of work, public transport grinds to a near halt etc. but in retrospect we're just not used to this weather here. I don't know what it's like where you live, but 90% of the time when in snows in my town, it just doesn't stick that much, and if it does it's simply a light coating, not the 4-5 inches we received in a few hours yesterday. Plus what's the point in purchasing snow tyres to use once every few years when the snow decides to stick?


But let's get back to the fashion! After being stuck inside for the entirety of yesterday, I did finally manage to get outside and put on some normal clothes. Popping over to my nan and grandad's, I decided it was perfect time to have a little photoshoot in front of their pristine garden; well that was until I stomped all over it! 

I skipped on the wooly hat, which is quite unusual for me in this weather, but I certainly made sure to keep warm. With the freezing whether, the first thing I pulled out of my wardrobe this morning was my black H&M Roll-neck Jumper. A super thick and cosy jumper perfect for this time of year! And a staple of mine, I rarely go anywhere without wearing some shade of my beloved River Island Molly Jeans, today opting for my dark wash skinnies. 

Some may consider it a fashion faux pas, mixing brown and black together, however I find the two colours usually compliment each other pretty well, which is exactly why I partnered my brown Forever 21 Car Coat with my outfit. Not forgetting a scarf, I grabbed my stripy Dorothy Perkins Scarf and fitted it around the collar of my coat. And as for accessories I kept it simple, opting for a couple of rings from Avon and New Look. Last but not least, I grabbed my almost 10-year-old boots from River Island. Can you remember when Uggs were everyones staple back in 2010? Now my fake Uggs only make an appearance in the snow; I couldn't care less if I ruin them!

Get the look!


What are your fashion snow staples?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig