Wednesday 13 December 2017

What's On My Christmas Playlist?


If there's one thing that'll put me in the Christmas mood, it's guaranteed to be Christmas music. For me, the festive season has officially begun from the moment that I blast my favourite Christmas playlist whilst I'm decorating our family Christmas tree; embarrassingly I find that it's one of the happiest days of the year!

So what do I tend to listen to on my Christmas playlist? 

Growing up we'd always have the more traditional Christmas songs playing through our house; I'm talking songs from the 70's, 80's and 90's typically! And growing up with these songs, they've ended up sticking with me - I massively associate Christmas to the songs I grew up listening to, as I'm sure many of you do too! In simple terms, don't expect to see much in my playlist from this century (as you'll be able to spot below).

1. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin’ Stevens
2. Christmas Lights - Coldplay
3. Last Christmas - Wham
4. Driving Home for Christmas - Chris Rea
5. Fairytale of New York - The Pogues
6. All I Want For Christmas Is You - Mariah Carey
7. Lonely This Christmas - Mud
8. Stop the Calavry - Jona Lewie
9. Merry Xmas Everybody - Slade
10. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday - Roy Wood & Wizzard
11. Mary’s Boy Child / Oh My Lord - Boney M
12. Step Into Christmas - Elton John
13. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney
14. White Christmas - Bing Crosby
15. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas - Frank Sinatra
16. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! - Dean Martin
17. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams
18. Happy Xmas (War is Over) - John Lennon & Yoko Ono
19. Do They Know It’s Christmas? - Band Aid
20. The Power of Love - Frankie Goes to Hollywood
21. Peace on Earth / Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby & David Bowie
22. It’s Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas - Michael Buble

As for my favourite, Merry Christmas Everyone by Shakin' Stevens is a clear winner, easily taking the top spot for me. There's something about this tune that always puts me in such an incredible mood; and let's not forget to mention the embarrassing dancing from yours truly that accompanies the song every time it's played. Close seconds though include Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid, Driving Home For Christmas by Chris Rea and Christmas Lights by Coldplay - I thought I'd chuck a more recent one in there!

What Christmas song takes top spot in your playlist?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig