Wednesday 20 December 2017

What I Got For My Birthday 2017


Granted, by the time this post goes up my birthday would've been almost a month ago, but I still thought it was worth showing you some of the items I was lucky enough to receive for my 23rd. I'm an incredibly nosy person and so posts like this massively intrigue me. I picked out a selection of items to show you, (I guess the more photogenic items seeing as I'm a blogger), as whilst I love everything I was gifted, there are some things that just do not photograph very well; that or I'm not a great photographer - probably the latter in all honesty!

Oddly enough, one of my favourite gifts this year happened to be my NEXT Island Spa Reed Diffuser. I'll admit it, I'm not a massive fan of candles - I have this fear that I'll somehow set alight the entire house - but I am a big lover of diffusers; they're less fuss, smell incredible and in this case last up to 9 weeks. In terms of scents, I much prefer "fresh" ones and so Island Spa is evidently a perfect fit for me. 

Makeup is always a popular option for me when my birthday rolls around; I mean, I own a beauty blog after all! The Stila Liquid Lipstick Gift Set was a winner for me; incredible products and three absolutely lovely shades too - I'm not after some of Stila's Magnificent Metals Liquid Eyeshadows. With that said, I was also fortunate enough to receive the most dreamy Ted Baker gift set too! I was looking at potentially writing a post specifically dedicated to the gift set until I realised it had completely sold out just before my birthday; if you'd like to see that post though, please do let me know! Can we just appreciate how beautiful the packaging is, it's giving me serious Charlotte Tilbury vibes, and the products themselves are top notch too! Highly recommend!

DVD's were also high on my list too. Whilst I've begun using Netflix more often, there's nothing better to me than having a physical DVD within my hands. Two of my favourites this year were Brother Bear and Baywatch; on completely opposite ends of the spectrum, but hey, who can say no to Disney and Zac Efron - certainly not me!

I was also lucky enough to be gifted a selection of Disney items too, including this lovely Winnie the Pooh pillow from Primark. I'm fully aware of a duvet set that I'll be receiving for Christmas and so I wanted to grab some pillows that I'll be able to use to decorate my bed once I'm able to use the duvet set. To go with my duvet, I'm going with a black, white and pink theme for my pillows, and so this was the perfect choice as it incorporates all three colours in one - plus it's Winnie the Pooh!

Now that Christmas is almost here, do you have anything on your Christmas wishlist?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig