Tuesday 4 February 2014

January Favourites

Happy February...

So as this is my first monthly favourites, I've decided to set up different categories where I will choose a different thing each month - how long I will do it like this I don't know, but I think it will be a great way for me to do my monthly favourites for a while.
Take a look below to see all of my favourites for the month of January!
Go on, you know you want to ;)


Face product
This is a toughie, but I'd have to say this is my Max Factor Whipped Crème Foundation. I mentioned this in my Best of Beauty 2013 post, so check that out if you'd like to see more of an in depth review!
 
Eye product
My Naked 2 palette. I got this for my birthday (in November) and throughout the months of December and January has been a clear favourite of mine. Check out my Best of Beauty 2013 post for more of a review on this palette too!
 

Lip product
This would have to be my Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in the shade 02 Beige Trench. I've recently been looking for many more nude and light pink lipsticks to wear casually in the day as I seem to have so many bright colours - sometimes I need to tone it down. This one is great as it's so moisturising and Beige Trench is simply just a nude colour, however it looks as though it has a hint of purple in it as well! Definitely worth a try!
 
Haircare or skincare product
I actually don't use many haircare or skincare products - I need to start using a few more, so if you have any great recommendations that work for you please tell me - I NEED to know!! My favourite though this month is just my Baptiste dry shampoo - a well loved product of mine!
 

Clothing
This month I've become obsessed with my River Island maroon skinny trousers that I got for Christmas (sorry they look more purple in the picture). I wasn't sure how much use I'd get out of these because their not a usual colour for trousers, however I've been able to pair them with so much and can wear them casually or dress them up. They are also extremely comfortable (and look much better than they do in the photo)!

Accessories
In general, I've been LOVING rings!!! During the Christmas sales I got a total of 12 rings...yes, 12 rings - but they were in sets of four and only £3-£4 for each set, so I wasn't exactly breaking the bank. I've been loving wearing multiple rings at a time. Here's a picture of my ring bowl that I bought to uni with me! Maybe a ring collection soon??
 
 
Movie or TV Show
My favourite movie in January was definitely Safe Haven starring Josh Duhamel and Julianne Hough. I love Nicholas Sparks films and loved it so much that I watched everyday in a row for at least two weeks! A must see if you love films like Dear John, The Lucky One and The Notebook!

Song
Move by Little Mix has by far been my favourite song of the month. I love dancing to it in my room and singing it as loud as I can. Great song!!
 
Blogger
One of the things I've loved about blogging is being able to discover so many new blogs that I may not have noticed before, however although I have found many new blogs, for the moment my favourite blogger for this month is EssieButton. This is because she posts very frequently (everyday I think) and her posts are always very useful and on topics that I'm generally interested in!
 
YouTuber
Although not beauty or fashion related, the SacconeJoly's are my favourite YouTubers for the month - even though Anna does upload beauty/fashion videos which I love! I've been obsessed with them for months now and cannot miss a day of their daily vlogs - it has become part of my daily routine! When I'm having a bad day I always know that I can rely upon them to make me feel happier - I even tweeted about this and received a tweet back from Jonathan which completely made my day!!  I also love being able to see their daughter Emilia grow up and see her learn and do new things everyday and I'm sooo excited for the birth of their baby boy in March and see how Emilia acts with 'Junior' (as their calling him to viewers for the moment). If you don't watch them, go and check out their YouTube channel now - you will not regret it!
They also get a lot of hate on their videos with people criticizing every little detail of their lives which they definitely do not deserve as they are great people.
 
Other
My random favourite for the month has been blogging. I felt that it would be best to put blogging in since I only started it in January and have been loving every minute of it. I have been able to talk to many different people and am excited at meeting new people who blog - so feel free to start a conversation/comment as it really makes my day. I am also so thankful that I have over 180 followers on Bloglovin already and a few Twitter followers. Feel free to follow me on either of these (and Instagram) as I WILL follow back!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
What were your favourites for the month of January!
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx

(Sorry the pictures weren't great - I don't have much natural light in my uni room).
Share:

7 comments

  1. This blog is so dainty. You should be proud! I nominated you for a Liebster award! http://nevertoohappy.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, that means so much to me!! I've already done the Liebster Award a few times, so I'm not sure if I'll do it, but I'll check out your blog :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. hey lizzie!
    you get tagged in the liebster award all the time, and I just tagged you in a very similar tag, #allblogsgreatandsmall.
    http://emsoyz.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/i-have-been-tagged.html
    love your blog!

    em xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy, a fellow ring fanatic! You have some great rings! I just followed your blog. It is lovely! :)
    ~Moll

    www.mollymac13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, can never have too many rings!! Thank you, I'll make sure to check out your blog!! <3

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. I love Safe Haven! It's such a good movie x
    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, absolutely LOVE it - can't seem to find anyone else who likes it as much as I do!! Thank you for reading my post <3

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig