Sunday 23 February 2014

Review: Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara!

Hello Lovelies,
 
Today I felt like doing a review on the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara's. I know that these have actually been out for a while but I've only just gotten them in the last month or two. I have two of these mascaras, the black waterproof and black brown (non-waterproof).
Want to know what I think?? Then carry on reading...


 
These retail at £10.99, but I actually didn't pay for either of the two I have. I received the black brown as one of the free gift's in a box in December when I spent over a certain amount on Max Factor in Boots and I received the black waterproof because I was a runner-up on a SuperSavvyMe competition...can't complain!
(Unfortunately I've only been only been able to take pictures of my black one because I left my other one back at uni).
 
So what's actually good about this product? First of all, both of these mascaras are quite lengthening and definitely don't clump - it separates my lashes extremely well! Also, this mascara stays put pretty much all day and doesn't leave little black lines or flakes under my eyes like some mascaras (if you understand what I mean). I also quite like the packaging, it's quite chunky and simple.

Now, the main thing I dislike about this product is the fact that it gives practically no volume and this is something I look for in a mascara because my lashes are quite long anyway so this doesn't actually do much to my lashes (except darken them). Although this mascara is called the False Lash Effect, it's actually a very natural looking mascara and is very subtle on my lashes...almost too subtle. If I use this mascara I'll tend to use my Maybelline The Colossal mascara over the top to bring more volume to my lashes.
I also found that both of these mascaras are quite difficult to take off at night, I mean, the waterproof I was kind of expecting to, but not the non-waterproof version.

The photos below show me wearing two coats of the black waterproof version.


 
I don't that that I would actually recommend this mascara to anyone. For the price you could definitely find a different drugstore mascara that gives both volume and length and is much cheaper, like the Maybelline mascaras!! However, if your looking for something that will give you a very natural look, stay on all day and lengthen your lashes; if your willing to pay the price, then definitely try this one (especially the black brown as this gives a slightly more natural effect).
I'll definitely still use up these mascaras as they are decent mascaras, but I can't see myself buying another!
 
Have your tried this mascara before? What did you think?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

4 comments

  1. Looks awful!! I don't think I'd try it as I'm all about the spider lashes!!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty awful, unless you want a very natural look, but there's so many better ones for a lower price out there! Yeah, don't bother, I love bigger, more voluminous lashes and this only made mine darken really :/

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. We don't have Max Factor here I don't think, but I've heard CoverGirl is pretty much the same - the brush on that one looks so similar to the Lash Blast Fusion (orange) or Lash Blast Volume (purple) - some people think they're great, but for me they're not really anything special :/ I prefer Maybelline's mascaras to CoverGirl's! :)

    Cachoo Joo // CACHOO JOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're probably the same by the sounds of it. Totally agree, Maybelline mascara's are soo much better...at least the one's I've tried :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig