Saturday 1 March 2014

A New Obsession // High End Beauty Wishlist

First of all, I'd like to apologise for not blogging for an entire week; I was so busy with uni and have been ill this entire week, but I'm getting back into the swing of things now!!
 
Anyway, I've recently really been obsessing over some high end products. I actually don't own many myself; I just have a few MAC products and a few random bits and bobs, but I'm very sceptical about paying such a hefty price on a product that could simply not be worth it. So I've done quite a bit of research to find out which products I think would actually be worth it.
I've chosen my top 6 products that I would really like to try at some point this year, so continue reading if you'd like to find out more!
 

1. Nars Blush in Orgasm - £22.50
I'm sure a lot of you have heard rave reviews about this blush, especially the shade Orgasm (I bet many of  you even own it). Now, I'm not a person who would necessarily splurge on a blush because it's such a small part of my makeup routine and there's so many good drugstore blushes out there, but after hearing these amazing reviews, I feel like it is worth the money and now I actually need it!! It looks like a beautiful colour for everyday use and one that will be very complimentary on my extremely pale skin!

I have pretty terrible skin, pretty much from scarring as a result of the terrible acne in my early teen years (awkward years), but I also have some redness and dark circles under my eyes...how lucky am I?? Because of this, I prefer medium to high coverage foundations and after doing some research I found this one. Apparently even the smallest amount will help to give full coverage so would likely be more worth the hefty price tag than many other high end foundations as you would get more use from it. I've heard that this isn't great for people with oily skin as it gives quite a bit of a shine, so I'd stay away from this if you do have oily skin. I have a combination skin type so I feel that this foundation would be pretty good for me, especially since the only oily part of my face is my nose and the rest is quite dry. 

I've been lusting over these for months and months, possibly even a couple of years. I believe that these were the original chubby stick/lip crayon product with many other drugstore and high end brands following in their footsteps. For this reason, I feel like they must be pretty good, because why would other brands follow in their suit if they weren't any good?? I haven't actually seen many, if any reviews on these, so I'll have to go exploring later...but they look so moisturising like many of the other lip crayons out there and the colour range is so good...I don't actually know which colour I would choose!?

A few months ago when I was watching some videos on YouTube, it seemed like these kept popping up everywhere. It seems to have multiple uses other than being just a skinfinish and who doesn't love a good product with more than one use?! This has been getting good reviews from what I've seen (and has even sold out online, boo) and come on, just look at that colour, isn't it absolutely beautiful?

I'm pretty sure that this is a holy grail product for many beauty bloggers and I'm so disappointed in myself that I've never actually tried it. I don't think there's too much to say about this as I'm sure you've heard plenty before, but it just looks so good on everyone's lashes from what I've seen!

For the past few months I have been seriously lusting over this lip pencil. It began when I saw Julianne Hough with a red lip which had slight orange tones to it...I instantly fell in love with the shade!! I then went round Googling all the lip products that would be the closest match to it and this is the one I've found. The finish of these lip pencils looks so beautiful and I've seen so many great reviews on these here in the blogging would. Also I love the Nars packaging and the fact that it doesn't look like a generic lip crayon/chubby stick, which probably makes me want it more than many other similar products out there!
 
Have you tried any of these products before?
What are your favourite high end products? Any recommendations?
 
I hope you enjoyed reading this and also make sure to look out for my February Favourites in a couple of days.
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

3 comments

  1. I've wanted to try the Nars blush for ages. I still pay for pricey blushes (tarte) sometimes. However, I haven't been able to buy that one yet. Someday soon :-).
    Bright and Shiny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks soo good. Ooh how are the Tarte ones?? I've never tried Tarte but really want too!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. I do love They're Real, the wand is just something else! xx

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig