Thursday 27 March 2014

Review // Seventeen Pwhoarr Paint Under Eye Concealer!!

Recently whilst out shopping, I decided that I needed a new under eye concealer, as my current one just didn't seem to do the job as well as I wanted it to. After seeing so many people raving about the Seventeen Phwoarr Paint I decided to take advantage of the Boots 3-for-2 deal and buy this concealer. I picked up this concealer in the shade Fair and have been using it everyday for almost 2 weeks now, so I feel that I can give a good honest view for any of you looking to purchase a new concealer!
 


 
 
Pro's
First of all, for some reason I LOVE the packaging - it's quite simple but I just love the paint effect on the pot. I also think it's a perfect travel size concealer as it's sooo little, so it will be great to take on holiday or to just pop in your bag if you decide you need a touch up throughout the day. The fact that it comes with a mirror is also great too when it comes to touching up throughout the day - you won't need to be carrying any additional compacts around with you!!
Asides from the packaging, this concealer really does help to conceal any dark circles that you may have. It's a thick creamy consistency and a little really does go a long way with this so I expect this small pot to last me a while!!
Also this may be quite an odd benefit of the product, but I love that they actually state that it's primarily an under eye concealer. I feel that with most concealers they state to conceal everything, but in most cases they either conceal under eye circles or blemishes, not both, so I love that this is actually saying what it does on the pot. I would definitely not recommend using this for blemishes as it will just draw more attention to them which I'm sure you don't want!!
Finally, this concealer costs £5.49, an affordable price for most people - you won't be breaking the bank on this purchase! 
 
Con's
The first thing I wasn't very impressed with was the shade range or should I say the lack of shades?! It only comes in two shades, fair and medium, meaning that you may not find a great colour match, especially if you have darker skin - so definitely test it I store! I would consider my skin to be very fair, however even with the fair shade it's still very light on my skin - this isn't too much of a problem though as I want to brighten this area.
Another bad point about the product itself is that it tends to crease very easily and quickly. Almost straight after applying the concealer, it seems to gather in any creases under my eyes. I can easily fix this, but after a few hours it begins to crease again, so if I'm out for a long time I have to keep constantly checking. Overall the concealer lasts a decent amount of time, roughly 6-8 hours, but by the end of the day I can usually see that quite a bit of it has faded away!!
Also during colder months my skin tends to dry out. If I apply this concealer to any dry patches I have, it tends to draw more attention to them and cause more flakiness around them, but even with this said I don't think my under eye's tend to get that dry so it's not too much of a problem for me. But I do feel like I will get a better use out of it when it begins to warm up and my skin isn't as dry
 
Overall I think this is a good concealer. As long as you don't suffer from dry skin (around you under eye area) and are on the lighter shade of skin tones, I would definitely recommend trying this product. It has a fantastic coverage and is a very reasonable price, although it does tend to crease quite quickly so you need to be aware of that. I would definitely suggest that they come out with a few more shades so that everyone has the opportunity to try it!
 
Have you tried this concealer? What do you think of it?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

4 comments

  1. Hello lovely, thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, I really appreciate it! :)

    I'm your newest follower and I look forward to your next post!

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, absolutely love your blog and you looked stunning!
      Thank you for following, means a lot to me! Looking forward to your next post as well!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Hi<3 I just thought I'd let you know i've nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Check it out here.

    becky x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'll just go and check it out and hopefully post it sometime this week!
      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig