Tuesday 4 March 2014

February Faves!

Can you believe we're already in the third month of 2014? No, me neither!
Anyway, today I am coming to you with my Feb faves and honestly I haven't really bought that much in these 4 weeks, so most of these are rediscoveries for me.
So let's begin.
 

So the first thing I've been loving is my Real Techniques Buffing Brush from the Core Collection set. I love all of the brushes from this set, but this month the buffing brush just seems to be standing out to me. I usually use this brush to apply my powder, but during February I've actually been using it to blend in my blusher as well (I don't actually own a blusher brush...sorry), but it just blends it into the skin really well and doesn't leave any harsh lines like some other brushes I use do. Also, it's sooo soft...if that's not a good reason to buy this, I don't know what I?! So towards the end of February I was in desperate need of a new powder, so I headed over to Boots to buy my usual Collection powder...but it wasn't there - not a happy bunny!! So I decided to give their cheaper powder a go; the Collection Pressed Powder in 03 Translucent, which is only priced at £2. I have really been liking this powder because it really helps to set my makeup and keep it in place. Also although it is translucent, it does give a little bit of coverage which is always good in my opinion, however it is a little chalky. In my opinion, for the price it is fantastic and better than many other powders, which is why it was included in my favourites.
 
 
I've already rediscovered my Au Natural Sleek Palette this past month. I honestly don't know why I stopped using this as it's just great for a nice neutral eyeshadow look. My favourite shade is the shimmery light brown on the end of the top row (sorry I don't have the plastic with the names of the colours), but as you can probably see I've made a lot of damage to the third brown on the bottom row. This is because I've been using this for my eyebrows because it's a better colour match for me than my eyebrow pencil that I've been using. I'm just dreading the day the entire eyeshadow has gone...I mean I could buy a new palette just to get this colour, right??
 
For lips, I've been loving my NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss that I picked up in Next a few months ago. The shade I have, La-La, is a very girly, but natural pink colour. It's very glossy and the colour comes out practically the same as it looks in the tube, which I find very rare in lip glosses. One bad thing about this is that it doesn't last extremely long but I'm okay with reapplying. Oh, and also it smells like marzipan which may put you off this (it put me off when I first smelt it) but after I've applied it I can't smell or taste anything. The other lip product I've been loving is my Models Own Moisturising Lip Balm in Bubblegum. This has been a saviour for me since I've been ill in recent weeks and I always seem to get dry lips. It's just a clear lip balm, but honestly it's the most moistursing thing I've ever put on my lips, EVER!! If you suffer with dry lips you NEED this product!!
 
Fashion wise I've been loving my Gold Jaguar Necklace from Avon. I received this from my aunty at Christmas and was surprised I loved a fashion item so much that I didn't pick out myself, haha! I prefer longer chains with necklaces, so this is perfect for me and it goes with so many outfits. Apart from that there wasn't really any other fashion standouts to me, except I have been using a lot more of my bags...mainly because the bag I usually use broke :(
 
Asides from beauty and fashion these are some of my other favourites.
My favourite Youtuber in February was NikiandGabyBeauty. I only discovered them a couple of weeks ago and I've now watched so many of their videos which are really good. And also Morgan from TheForeverGlamorous simply because she follows me on Twitter, yay!!
My favourite blogger this month has been Daisy from daisydaisyxxo. Her blog is so cute and her posts are really interesting - I have to read them all! I've also spoken to her a few times over Twitter we occasionally comment on each others blogs and she's just a really nice person. Check out her blog here if you haven't already!
 
My music favourites have been Say Something by A Great Big World & Christina Aguilera and I've been obsessing over Imagine Dragons!
Other favourites this month have been Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Pretty Little Liars (as always), Harvest Chewee Cereal Bars (remember these?) and tissues (my life saver right now)!
 
What were you favourites for the month of February??
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

9 comments

  1. That gold jaguar necklace is gorgeous! Lovely post! x

    www.clionahill.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. I've just ordered the core collection and seeing the buffer brush in your favourites really makes me want it now. And that sleek palette looks quite nice too, next time I visit london I might just have a look at the sleek palettes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!! They're all pretty amazing and well worth the money! Sleek palettes are great too! I originally wanted the Storm palette (but it wasn't in stock) so I bought this one and I love it - although I may have to go and buy the Storm one soon :)

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
    2. apparently I didn't order the core collection, I ordered the expert face brush. I remember that I was hesitating between the two. I had forgotten which brushes I had bought and it kind of came as a surprise when I saw that the core collection wasn't in there hahaha
      oh and you can never have too many palettes!!

      Delete
    3. Ohh, well you'll have to tell me how the expert face brush is (unless you do a review or something), been eyeing it up for a while now.
      Totally agree, need to expand my palettes collection as well!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry to divert from beauty but I have been obsessing over Imagine Dragons too!!!! Have their album in my car and I love blasting it out on the way home from work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine Dragons are pretty amazing, only every had Radioactive and then I just bought their whole album since it was so cheap on iTunes, but I'm obsessing over every song now!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the Sleek palette. you have encouraged me even more.. Lovely post

    xx
    http://sem04.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig