Friday 7 March 2014

Oscars 2014 // The Best Dressed

Now I know it's been 5 days since the Oscars (a little bit late with this), but I couldn't resist writing a quick little post on my 5 best dressed stars of the night! Also can I just say how great I though the Oscars were this year. I think it was mainly down to Ellen DeGeneres who did an awesome job at presenting - she seemed to make everyone feel so relaxed and come on, she's just hilarious!!
 
So if you'd like to see who I've chosen (which I know you do) then just carry on reading...
 


So first of all is Lupita Nyong'o. She seems to have been a popular choice for many people, topping many best dressed lists...I mean, look at that dress; it's colours, it's cut - do I need to say more?? No I don't. 
Also I saw her on the Ellen Show a couple of days ago and loved what she was wearing then - definitely one to look out for in my opinion.
 
Also I loved what Angelina Jolie was wearing. Not many people seemed to be fussed with her dress but I feel that this dress would be quite hard for a lot of people to pull off and she does it to a tee. Also I love the sparkles, haha!
 
I also think Sandra Bullock looked absolutely gorgeous. I tend to find that her outfit choices generally don't stand out much to me and whilst I probably wouldn't wear this dress myself, I just feel like she looks so elegant and classy. I love the simplicity of the entire outfit and her hair looks beautiful too!
 
 
Can I just say, how beautiful does Kerry Washington look?!?! She's absolutely glowing in her pregnancy! Anyway...to the dress. Since purple happens to be my favourite colours, I LOVE the colour of her dress, it's just stunning. I also think this fits her (and her bump) perfectly and she pulls it off amazingly considering this could probably just look like a drape on many people - me. Also her hair looks soooo nice!!
 
Finally, I chose Maria Menounos. Again, not necessarily a popular choice for me, but I think my jaw possibly dropped...yes it dropped, when I saw this dress. Can we just take a minute to stare at it?? I love the shape of this dress and that it's covered in sparkles without being extremely over the top. Also I love her braided updo and box clutch - two of my favourite things! This is just stunning!!
 
Who was your best dressed at the Oscars this year?
 
Lots of Love
Lizzie xx
Share:

10 comments

  1. Lupita looked amazing! The colour and cut is so flattering xx

    Hannah @ FashionistaDigital

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, totally agree! She looked stunning!! xx

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  2. Lupita looked like cinderella, so gorgeous! I wanted to search a picture of cinderella but then I saw this

    https://www.google.be/search?q=cinderella&rlz=1C5CHFA_enBE573BE573&espv=210&es_sm=91&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hisaU_iRAsmqhQeH-oGQAQ&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1440&bih=695#q=cinderella+Lupita+Nyong'o&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=5ppfd815zhK7hM%253A%3BzP1i9F8zYPiQwM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fmedia4.onsugar.com%252Ffiles%252F2014%252F03%252F02%252F054%252Fn%252F1922398%252F34ca79e28969e938_lupita.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.popsugar.com%252FLupita-Nyongo-Looks-Like-Cinderella-Oscars-2014-34230698%3B1100%3B1100

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such gorgeous dresses! Sandra Bullock's dress is stunning! :D
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angelina is always amazing, no doubt! But Lupita looks amazingly cute :) I think blue looks great on her!
    xx, Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, very true!! Yes, blue definitely looks great on her!!

      Lizzie xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Lizzie,

    I'm nominating you for a Liebster award.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I'm not 100% sure if I'll do it because I've done it a few times before, but thank you for noticing my blog! <3

      Lizzie xx

      Delete

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig