Saturday 21 January 2017

#GoGlamGala


Just a few weeks back something incredible happened. I received an email from the lovely Scarlett about an event called the #GoGlamGala for Go Send, a company which we in the UK can use to ship over many US beauty products for a discounted shipping rate. You can place many orders which will be held in an assigned locker in the US and then you'll be able to decide when to ship it over to yourself, saving a considerable amount on shipping when placing multiple international orders online. 

I don't know quite what I've done to be invited to such an amazing event; I had a massive break from blogging last year and quite honestly thought everyone had forgotten about me. And then when I found out some of the bloggers and YouTubers who would be in attendance, I began questioning it even more! Regardless, it sounded like such an incredible event and there was no way that I was going to be missing out on such an exciting occasion. 






P.s. The photos aren't as great as I'd hoped...I decided to leave my big DSLR at home! These are taken on my digital camera (and last one on my phone) which I also use for vlogging! 

Arriving a little later than we hoped, we came out of the elevator at the QEII Centre to be greeted with the most beautiful red carpet. Decorated with twinkly lights on the walls, the most beautiful white and pink trees and a stunning wall of cream roses to finish it off, it was the perfect place for all of us bloggers to take our never-ending photoshoots! The decor at the venue was in all honesty perfect and there was plenty to look at and do. 

A variety of companies who were there had set up little tables which we made sure to have a quick visit to and learn about. A selection of canapés were also on offer, as well as a variety of cocktails...evidently we took advantage of that! We also made sure to take some silly pictures in the photo booth, which believe it or not was my first time in one...well other than those serious passport photos. And not to forget the dance floor which began filling up as the night went along. The overall atmosphere was great! 

As I'd taken a pretty big break from blogging, I haven't been in much contact with too many bloggers recently. In all honesty, I didn't really know anyone on a personal level, but it was great to see everyone meeting up with their blogging friends. Give it some time and hopefully I'll have those blogging friends, but I just haven't found my place quite yet...that's okay though! I'm just thankful that I was able to bring my plus one or else I probably would've felt a little out of place! 

My highlight of the night however was meeting InTheFrow. For the past two years or so, Victoria has been a massive inspiration to me. As my absolute favourite blogger, one of my favourite YouTubers and the person behind way too many ASOS orders, when I found out that she would be attending I knew I had to meet her! I spent a bit of time uhming and ahhing as to whether I should go and say hi, as I can sometimes be quite a shy person in situations like these, however I'm so thankful that Amie (my plus one) pretty much forced me to go up! Victoria was in all honesty one of the nicest people I've met. She took the time out to have a little conversation, as well as some photos, and I knew I would've absolutely kicked myself if I'd left that night without meeting her! It basically made my night!

Eventually the event began to draw to a close. We made our way out with our goodie bags, full of a selection of goodies and headed back to our hotel. I wanted to finish this off by thanking Scarlett for both inviting me and planning this wonderful event, and to everyone else who took part in putting it all together! It really was a great night!

If you'd like to see what we got up to, not only at the #GoGlamGala, but in London as well, make sure to check out my vlog below!


Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig