Friday 20 January 2017

3 Year Blogging Anniversary


I've made it! Three years at this blogging malarky. And whilst there's certainly been some bumps in the road, what an achievement it's been! To say that I've committed a vast amount of time in my life to my little corner on the Internet...wow, just wow! And it's grown, it's had some sort of impact! Yes it may not be an uber successful blog like the many that we all lust over on a regular basis, but it's gone somewhere and I hope that only continues to grow in the future! I've never been more passionate about blogging than I have at this exact moment in time, and this is really something that I would like to work on improving and getting out there to maybe even help a few of you out there!

I've created something that in all honesty I'm truly proud of. An outlet where I've been able to express myself, show my creativity and learn many, many skills that will be so valuable for years to come. I've been able to communicate with so many people from across the world on a regular basis, work with a variety of incredible companies (and some not so incredible in hindsight, but hey, we all make mistakes) and a year after creating my blog decided to take the plunge and start my own YouTube channel after gaining much confidence as a result of the positive response on lizziegines.co.uk, then xBeautyMagic (that name still makes me cringe)! My blog photos have improved by leaps and bounds (just view the proof here) and my writing too! Granted, I'm in no way one of the worlds greatest writers, nor do I aspire to be, but blogging has taught me a great amount in terms of my grammar, spelling and particularly copywriting; something I would tend to skip out in the early days of blogging!

Not only that, but blogging was the sole thing that allowed me to identify what I wanted to do with my future, work in marketing, (specifically digital marketing). There are so many elements that are part of blogging that identify greatly with a career in digital marketing, that I'm now passionate about making this the path that I go down, regardless of whether the job hunt has been overly successful at this very moment in time. In a sense blogging taught me more than my university degree did in relation to the specific type of marketing that I would like to focus on, learning about many topics including SEO, PPC and social media and teaching myself how to use a variety of platforms such as Google Analytics and how this information is important and can be used to further improve my blog.

This past year I would definitely say has been the year I've taken blogging the most seriously. I definitely had a big break somewhere in there as I lost quite a bit of inspiration and I don't agree with publishing content that seems forced and lacking motivation, but this was the year I really invested. My photography certainly improved dramatically from the beginning of the year as I've really come to 'know' my camera and have begun experimenting with props here and there! I also purchased my own domain (lizziegines.co.uk), which whilst being a little boring and unoriginal through using my own name, really allows me to post content on whatever the hell I want, not restricting me to mainly beauty which I felt my previous blog name did. Along with the domain, I purchased my very first blog template! A pre-made template as I don't quite have the money to splash on a personalised template, I have been so incredibly happy with this design from Pipdig and definitely feel that it was well worth the money!

Going into this next year there are many, many more things that I wish to improve upon. These include my photography, communication with bloggers and an improved use of social media platforms, most recently Pinterest! However I also wrote an entire post on my 2017 blog goals in further depth which can be read here!

Do you own a blog? How long have you been blogging for?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig