Thursday 12 January 2017

Top 5 Winter Lip Products


Lip products are certainly one of my favourite products out there. I personally love experimenting with all lip products and have possibly every finish and colour there is (aside from those very out there blues and greens)! And in my mind, I always have those specific products that are most suited towards each season...well, every season but Winter it seems. Whilst Spring screams pink to me, Summer is all about bright, tropical colours and Autumn is focussed on those darker berry tones, Winter just doesn't seem to have those shades that I seemingly have to wear throughout the season!

Evidently during Winter, we experience an entire month of Christmas festivities, red lips certainly make an appearance into my Winter lip essentials. With this said, I am unlikely to stick to a theme and you will certainly see me wearing some brighter pinks in the middle of January. But for the vast majority of my other lip choices, I tend to stick to warmer toned lips, incorporating some of the berry tones that we see ever so frequently in Autumn, as well as bringing in some more matte, nude shades.



Let's get the first month of Winter out of the way! Whilst I have already written my Top 5 Festive Reds post (which you can find here), I still felt the need to include one of my favourite reds from that selection. Eva's red from the L'Oreal Collection Exclusive range has been a favourite of mine for the past two years. A slightly darker, but still classic red, this matte lipstick sits incredibly comfortably on the lips. Combined with amazing pigmentation, a nice scent and no bleeding out, Eva's red is a perfect choice for the festive season...or if you simply want another red in your collection!

The lightest and most subtle of my options, the Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in Beige Trench is that perfect option is you're on the lookout for something a little more understated. Somewhat different to your classic nude lip, this beautiful shade comes with slight hints of pink and purple running throughout. The entire Rouge Edition range is also a favourite of mine due to the creaminess of the lipsticks. If you despise products that have a tendency to dry out your lips, these are instead a fantastic option!

However my next three options are all liquid lipsticks, which whilst I still love them all, do have a greater tendency to dry out my lips, some more so than others! Beginning with the most moisturising of the bunch, the Revlon Ultra Hd Lipcolor in Seduction is a lovely nude choice. Similarly quite subtle, this liquid lipstick glides on so easily and smoothly and has a relatively satin finish when first applied. However, give it a little over half an hour and this lipstick will completely matte down. Because these don't tend to matte down straight away, I find that they are the most moisturising choice and don't leave you longing to lick your lips for extra moisture. 

And whilst I love the last two options, they can leave me longing for that extra moisture, particularly the NYX Lingerie in Push Up. The particular range is filled with all of the nudes you would ever need, from light, subtle nudes, to deeper, darker browns. A nice mid-toned brown, Push Up is one of those shades that would really be suitable at any time of year. The liquid lipsticks, whilst incredibly pigmented, can be a little too drying. They have a tendency to matte down almost immediately, which whilst it is the finish I tend to go for at this time of year, leave me with incredibly dry lips...a no-go if you're dealing with chapped lips! And although that can be seen as an extreme negative, I am absolutely obsessed with the colour and finish of this particular product. Plus it lasts all day!

And finally, the Anastasia Liquid Lipstick in Dusty Rose. My most expensive of all five choices, this is certainly one of my favourites! As this tends to matte down immediately, similarly to the NYX Lingerie, they can also be a little drying...I wouldn't say as drying, but somewhat an in between with NYX and Revlon. The colour is a beautiful darker rose shade, with absolutely incredible pigmentation after just one swipe. I don't know what it is, but every time I wear one of these, I feel as though my lips look better than they ever have before...weird, I know!

What are your favourite lip products during Winter?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig