Friday 27 January 2017

Lipstick Standouts | YSL & L'Oreal


I'm not going to lie, I just took a photo of some random lipsticks that I had lying around and decided that I liked the photo so much that I should write a blog post around it. Regardless, these few lipsticks are some of my absolute favourites within my collection and I cannot stop raving and recommending these to so many people. And depending on your budget, whether you can splash as much can as needed or you need to be a little more restrained, I most certainly have you sorted here!

I'm going to say it: the YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks are my favourite lipsticks to date! Granted, I do only have one in my collection (shade 51) and you won't find me wearing it anywhere near as much as the masses of lipsticks I have in my collection, but there's just something so special about it. Whilst the bright pink colour steers my away from wearing it on an everyday basis, every little thing about this lipstick keeps me yearning for more; in fact I have a lighter pink shade on my current beauty wishlist! Not only is the packaging incredibly beautiful, but the formula of this product is insane. Whilst I don't mind wearing a liquid lipstick that is slightly drying, a regular lipstick that is quite drying is a big no-no for me. My ideal lipstick is incredibly moisturising, creamy and pigmented, and the Rouge Volupte lipstick is completely that. Compare it with the fact that it doesn't bleed out and sits comfortably on my lips throughout the day, this is certainly my standout lipstick when it comes to those pricer items. Definitely worth the £26 price tag!

But if you're on the lookout for something a little more affordable, you most certainly cannot go wrong with L'Oreal lipsticks, be that in the nude, pink, red or more recently released Made For Me shades (which I have in Boreal Taffeta). I love these lipsticks so much that I have at least one from every range and my collection is continuously growing. Whilst not as creamy and moisturising as the YSL ones, these lipsticks sit incredibly on the lips with pretty long lasting power. And they also wear away nice and evenly rather than leaving splotchy patches all over my lips. So with the many different ranges on offer there are now so many incredible shades at your disposal and the packaging in my opinion is one of the few lipsticks from the drugstore that truly feels 'high-end'. If you're looking for something at a slightly more affordable price, don't forget about L'Oreal!

What are your favourite lipsticks, both high-end and drugstore?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig