Tuesday 10 January 2017

Cold/Flu Essentials



It's most definitely that time of year where many of us are coming down with a dreaded cold. And if you've been lucky enough to avoid them recently, I'm sure you're somewhat worried about the next time you'll end up contracting one. In fact, I've just spent pretty much the whole new year dealing with a cold and an incredibly sore throat...not how I wanted to bring in the new year! But it got me thinking; thinking about the essentials that I need plastered to me for the entirety of my cold.


Where do we start? I think it's safe to say that the number one essential when it comes to colds, as unglamorous as it is, is tissues. I have a habit of sticking to one type of tissue, the Kleenex balsam tissues. Personally I refuse to buy any tissues without balsam as I find that they irritate the skin around my nose massively - not what you want when you're already dealing with a snuffly nose!

And along with a cold comes incredibly dry skin; at least for me anyway. As someone who suffers with dry skin anyway, I dread that day when I feel a cold coming, as I know just how much moisturiser I'll have to be slapping on my face...and lets not get started with how much I have to juggle my makeup up so that my skin doesn't appear too dry and makeup seem too cakey. But back to moisturiser I tend to stick to Boots Simply Sensitive Hydrating Moisturiser and No7s Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion, lathering them both on my skin to keep my face as moisturised as possible! 

And don't get me started on my lips! I'm fortunately never someone who deals with dry or chapped lips, well, that is until a cold makes an appearance. This is the one time I really have to steer clear of liquid lipsticks that I find in general can make lips feel a little dryer and I'll instead stock up on the lip balms. In my case I have found a love for the Nivea Lip Butters. Owning the raspberry one, whilst not my favourite scent, these lip butters are incredibly moisturising and seriously help to prevent dealing with those chapped lips. An essential to apply before putting my lip product on!

And finally mints! I cannot stand the taste of cough sweets when I'm dealing with a cough/sore throat, but find that mints do the job just as well...and also make my breathe smell nice and fresh! I'm generally one to stick to polos, but since going to Disney World last year, I found these Disney mints in my Disney candy bag (which I still pretty full). They've been coming with me to the shops, to work and anywhere and everywhere since I've been ill to help keep my throat as clear as can be!

What are your cold/flu essentials?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig