Monday 23 January 2017

London | Being A Tourist In My Own Country


Just last week I popped down to London for the incredible #GoGlamGala event (my blog post on that can be viewed here). And whilst I was very excited to go to this event with so many talented bloggers and YouTubers alike, as someone who hadn't visited the capital in 9 years, I was also super excited to run around London doing the typically touristy things!

Although I would've loved to stay a little while longer, I did manage to get the few of the major tourist spots done within the two days that we were there. But this recent trip has made me realise how much I not only want to head back to London, but how much I need to start travelling around my own country. There are so many incredible sights and I'm missing out on them!








Let's rewind back to Thursday, the day of the #GoGlamGala. Arriving at Euston at around midday and making our way over to Victoria station, we first sat down for a spot of lunch. The walk to our hotel was beautiful; there's something so lovely about the blocks of white houses in London. After check-in, being the big spenders that we are, we decided to head over to Oxford Street, which believe it or not, I have never been to in my life - at least I don't think I have! We popped into the Disney Store, Kiko and Lush to name a few and eventually made our way back to our hotel to get ready for the event!

As the event took place across from Westminster, it gave us the perfect opportunity to do a little sightseeing on the way to and from Westminster station. Coming out from the tube, we were greeted with the sight of Big Ben and Parliament. And evidently as we walked closer to the event, we soon passed Westminster Abbey where Kate and Wills married years ago! And etching ever so closer to the QEII Centre, we could soon view the London Eye too - this was honestly the most perfect location for any party! I mean, how lucky are we?!

As our second and final day rolled around, we decided to dedicate it towards Buckingham Palace. Having only roughly 2 hours left after we'd eaten our brunch, it was the perfect spot being just a five minute walk from our hotel. Buckingham Palace is by far one of my favourite spots in London, and what made it even better is not only that the Queen was in as signified by the British Flag atop her home, but we also managed to watch the Changing of the Guard! Afterwards we spent some time admiring Buckingham Palace, as well as the Victoria Memorial Fountain, finishing it off with a brief stroll around St James' Park! 

Without a doubt we managed to pick the perfect days to be in London (not that we necessarily chose the days we were heading down there). Whilst it was a little chilly, the blue skies and sunshine brought that little bit of warmth and made it the perfect temperature for plenty of walking around London. And let's not forget how much those blue skies helped to improve my photos on my little digital camera!

Have you been to London recently? What's your favourite thing to do down there?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig