Sunday 4 December 2016

And Just Like That, Autumn Was Over | Instagram Roundup


Well there we go, another Autumn is over, and we've now made it into the most festive period of the year - should I be happy about that, or sad that this year has just gone insanely fast? 

Regardless, I've had quite an enjoyable and different Autumn to any other that I've experienced before, and just like I always seem to do now, large parts of my life are now documented through my Instagram account! I had a little flick through my page and it was clear to see a few standout events for me throughout this season; ones that saw me acting like a right ol' child and others that show just how much I've had to grow up in recent months. Quite contradictory really.

Disney World
It seems like a million lifetimes away now, but at the very beginning of September, I was having the time of my life in sunny Orlando...I say sunny, but I guarantee you that it was pouring it down on the 1st of September! This was honestly one of the most incredible holidays I have been on to date, especially as it was my first holiday without my parents. And yes, I love my parents and all the holidays we've been on together, but I also loved the freedom of being able to do whatever the hell I wanted to. Independent woman over here! Experiencing the rides and the shows all over again was truly magical. Eating at Disney restaurants, which was previously a foreign concept to me was incredible, and extremely tasty. And doing this with my sister and our friends made every moment even more enjoyable!

Graduation
Believe it or not, I am now a graduate. Just this past month I headed back to university to collect that piece of paper that tells me that my last three years of hard work and 9k a year debt was all worth it - I really hope it all was! However whilst I haven't been in the best frame of mind, as months after officially finishing university I'm still on the look out for a full-time position, it was nice to celebrate the fact that I've got no more 5000 word assignments or 2 hour exams to worry about. And seeing my uni friends and I dressed up in our graduation robes and caps was a satisfying moment indeed. We made it!

22
And this season was also the time when I aged. 22...a whole 22 years I've been causing a ruckus on this planet! I don't know what it is about being 22, but I just feel so much older. Yes, turning 20 was a big one as I was no longer a teen, and 21 meant that I was now a "proper adult" especially as I could legally drink in the USA, but 22. I think it's just dawned on me that I'm really not a kid anymore; I'm well and truly into my twenties. Maybe thinking about it, it's a little more daunting as for the first time since I was 4-years-old I'm no longer in education. I really am growing up!

What did you get up to this past Autumn? Have there been any drastic changes in your life?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig