Friday 9 December 2016

It's A Disney Christmas! | Timon & Pumbaa


As a Disney fan, there was always one thing missing at Christmas time. That one thing happens to be Christmas ornaments. Without fail we have the tree and house decked top to bottom with my favourite decorations and twinkly lights, but this year it's safe to say I have a new favourite.

During my trip to Walt Disney World earlier this year, I made it a mission to pick out some new Christmas decorations for the tree. I fell in love with the wide array of princess shoe decorations on sale, and honestly let's not get me started on the Disney princess ornaments with the beautiful poofy dresses. And although I was always drawn in by these two styles of tree ornaments, stopping to have a look everytime I walked past, I couldn't quite justify spending over $22 for a single decoration.




And then finally on a trip to the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in the Magic Kingdom, I spotted the perfect ornaments. Anyone who knows me, knows that The Lion King is my all-time favourite film and when I found these Timon and Pumbaa tree ornaments, I knew that I needed them. Two of my favourite characters from my favourite film will now hold a spot on my Christmas tree!

Not only are Timon and Pumbaa fantastic characters, but I love how Disney have really shown their personality through these two decorations. The fact that they are just hanging there eating glittery bugs...I mean, when else would it be acceptable to put bugs on your tree - it just works in this case! And their little jingly bell adds an extra Christmassy element. The cost of the ornaments, at $17.95 for the two, was also relatively affordable when compared to the other decorations on offer, and when considering the overall price of many of the souvenirs for sale in Walt Disney World.

Compared to the majority of ornaments out there, those sold at Disney Parks are most definitely a little more of an investment, but I couldn't be happier with my choice. With the slightly higher price tag I can most certainly notice a high quality level. But honestly to me, being able to incorporate Disney into my Christmases is a great thing. These were the first decorations that I have personally ever purchased with my own money and therefore I can most definitely see me using these for years and years to come, hanging them up on the Christmas tree when I have kids of my own...new traditions here!

Also for any Disney fans out there, make sure to check out my Walt Disney World vlogs! I have roughly 4 hours of footage up and much more to come!


Do you have any Disney ornaments up on your tree?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig