Monday 19 December 2016

Plans In The Run-Up To Christmas


With just under a week to go until Christmas, it's safe to say that almost everyone is well and truly in the Christmassy mood...well, except for all those Grinches out there! 

And as the sunlight is having some trouble making an appearance, hence why I've been unable to take some decent photos which I feel I can show you, I thought that I would instead talk to you about my plans in the lead-up to Christmas! I would also love to know what you have planned for this next week!

As someone who works in retail, it is unfortunate for me that the lead-up to Christmas is full of over-time, (in fact, I'm heading to work in just over an hour after writing this post)! Unlike many people who finish work sometime this week and are extremely fortunate to have time off until early January, I happen to finish on Saturday evening...Christmas Eve! It's not that I'm complaining, I know exactly what comes with working in retail at Christmas and I should be glad that I have the actual day this is all about off, but having to do all that overtime in the days leading up to Christmas means that I can't quite get into that Christmassy mood.

But for those few days that I'm not at work, I'm keeping everything quite chill. Surprisingly I don't really have many plans, having been out for multiple meals this weekend, but I do have some last minute Christmas tasks to do! All my Christmas gifts still need wrapping; yes, I'm that one person to do it all at the very last minute, and all my cards need writing. It's fair to say though that as I've gotten older, fewer people seem to send out Christmas cards, and therefore my Christmas card list is now very limited! I also have the remaining Blogmas posts left to write and photos to take, hopefully when the weather picks up...if it does! As well as filming my final video in the run-up to Christmas! 

Whilst I'm sure there will be last minute plans added here and there (as they always are), I think it's safe to say that I won't truly be in full Christmas mode until I finish work on Christmas Eve! Please hurry!

What have you got planning in the run-up to Christmas?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig