Thursday 15 December 2016

Top Red Lip Picks!


Christmas. The season well and truly made for that bold red lip. And of course I'm one of those girls you'll find walking down the street rocking that classic red lip. Whilst I'll wear red lipstick at practically any point of the year, give or take a few days in December and it's by far my go-to choice! Especially if you're wearing quite a dark outfit, a red lip can seriously help spruce your entire look, and it makes a statement. I'm not afraid when it comes to my lips, I'll happily make a statement.


From glossy to matte, I have you sorted! I've tried a fair few lip products particularly in the last few years, and from my collection, these appeared to be my absolute standouts! 

If you're on the hunt for that classic red, then Chanel have you sorted with the Rouge Allure Velvet in La Bouleversante. Yes, this is the priciest option I'm providing you with today, but a Christmas red from Chanel...did I say Chanel?  I was particularly undecided with this lipstick at first. Not because of the colour; you honestly can't go wrong with a classic red, but simply due to its application. Initially when I first used this lipstick, I distinctly remember my lips being quite moist (I just cringed writing that, sorry)! But it's true! It really won't apply unless my lips are more on the dry side. Not a significant problem, especially when the colour is beautiful. And when it does apply correctly, it applies evenly, leaving a semi-matte finish.

Those who may be looking for a matte finish however, I have two options for you! The L'Oreal Collection Exclusive Red by Eva is a fantastic choice. Easy to apply and with incredible pigmentation, this entire L'Oreal lipstick collection is one of my absolute favourites out there! It's what I would describe as a slightly duller Christmas red, but nonetheless still incredibly beautiful. Probably my least used from the five lippies here, but still a beauty, the Bourjous Rouge Edition Velvet in Red Pepper is perfect for those of you who thrive for perfect pigmentation. As a liquid lipstick, like many it appears very glossy after application, but give it a couple minutes and this lipstick will turn into an incredible matte Christmassy red - one I need to be pulling out more this season!

And maybe you're after something more glossy? Well a gloss would probably be your first choice. Whilst this is the only Oh My Gloss in my collection, I can't fault Rimmel whatsoever! A slightly sheerer option for those who don't want to rock that bolder lip, the gloss in Ooh La La has a slight pinkish tone, but regardless it's perfect for the festive season. These also sit incredibly on the lips and like many glosses, don't feel sticky at all! And finally I wanted to talk about the Clinique Pop Lip Color & Primer in Cherry Pop! As the name would suggest, a lovely cherry red, which leaves a nice sheen on the lips! I would go on to say that this is the most moisturising option out of the five, which gets high praise from me indeed! This is in fact a mini lipstick which came as a freebie with Glamour magazine (keep your eyes peeled for their incredible freebies), but I would definitely consider purchasing another lippie from their collection!

Are you rocking the red lip for Christmas? What ones would you recommend?

Lots of Love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Lizzie Gines | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig